“Better than average food but spoiled by staff local attitude”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizza Lady

Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Mystic, Connecticut
“Better than average food but spoiled by staff local attitude”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

My family has been in this area for over 180 years. Me, over 40. Between my family and my in-laws we have spent many thousands of dollars at this restaurant for parties and family gatherings or just stopping by for a grinder. Today I stopped in and over all was treated rudely by the waitress. Watched as a "local' came in and was fawned over. I dared ask 2 questions about the grinder. Got the answer filled with an attitude. Food took easily twice as long to prepare as I was told. It was 2PM and ultra quiet. Left and came back, read the local paper and waited and waited. No one offered any kind of update on my order - it's a small place.
When the food came out she told the cook you wait on that guy, clearly loud enough for me to hear.
Hmmm, "please and thank you, may I ask a question" and quietly sitting on the bench reading the local paper must have ticked her off. Lousy service and better than average food. One of those places I don't go to frequently but when I do I am left with this thought...." Why do I bother with this place. Call ahead - pay and get out. Local color? Uh, sorry I am a local just don't wear a big sign identifying me as one. Seems to make a difference.

• Visited September 2013

Groton, Connecticut
“Good Delivery Choice in the Neighborhood, A Local Favorite for Good Reason”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

This local favorite is tried and true and offers reliable delivery and consistent food that is always good, not one of my top favorites for pizza but up there for sure. Try the white pizza with "soupy" sausage that is superb and also I recommend the eggplant parmigiana grinder and other sandwiches and salads as well.

Visited May 2013
Sparta, IL
“Yummy! Real Italian Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

My husband and I recently had take out from the Pizza Lady. The pizza was wonderful. Just like I remember from many, many years ago. My husband really enjoyed the "fish" pizza while I ate the pepperoni pizza. We you will not get anything authentic from the pizza chains!

• Visited October 2012
Pawcatuck, CT
“Possibly the worst ever eaten”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

No redeeming characteristics. Crust under baked and tasteless. Sauce had no character. I understand that the folding over of the pizaa has a storied history and is obviously popular with many evidenced by the longevity of the Pizza Lady, but not for me.

Visited August 2012
Westerly, Rhode Island, United States
“Everything here is good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is a take out or delivery pizza parlor only... I have to say here the pizza is not the bargain priced pizza many places offer, but it is perhaps the best pizza in the Westerly/Pawcatuck area.

• Visited May 2012