“Amazing Food!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Plainfield, Connecticut
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My fiance and I absolutely love Fuji Garden. I've never had a bad dish at this restaurant, but their spicy seafood is amazing. I love the ambiance as well, and the couple that owns the place are really nice.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Jessica A

Pawcatuck, Connecticut
“5 Stars... the best Japanese Food ever”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The food is worth the price. I love the spicy chicken so much. Service can be slow on busy days so just be patient or come during the week. People who complain about this restaurant don't understand how much work it is to serve so many people with such a small staff. This restaurant has been hurting for business because of the economy so support the friendly people who own Fuji Garden!!!

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank sundancer16
“Overcooked Hibatchi”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

We had high expectations as we love Hibatchi, but the food was all horribly overcooked & flavorless. The noodles & rice were tasty, but the chicken, steak & lobster were charred beyond recognition. Blech. There are better places in the area.

Rhode Island
“Great Food!”
Reviewed 15 May 2009

I have eaten here many times and no other place compares to Fuji's Sushi. I am sorry that the first thing you see when you come to this sight is a poor review. The service has always been great. The person who wrote that must not understand what its like to own a business! That is their life and they get very offended when you don't like there food. The prices are very comparable to other sushi places. Go during the week when its slow you can get your own hibatchi table so much fun! koto you have to share with other people and have reservations the chef was not as fun either. I would highly recommend Fuji Gardens give it a try bring your friends and have a great time!!!

chris29teen89
“Calamari Blow Up”
Reviewed 4 January 2009

Last night, after seeing a movie, a friend and I decided to stop at Fuji Gardens for a sushi dinner. We sat with the menu for at least 15 minutes before a waitress even came to our table...Something that may have been excusable if the restaurant had had more than 6 tables to at least 2 servers. So finally, the waitress comes and takes a drink order. Comes back five minutes later. I go to give her my sushi order, but I forget to write it down so she refuses to take it...She literally says "write it down." and walks away from our table, but this is just the beginning. We decide to order fried calamari as an appetizer. It takes so long that we are literally betting against each other, how many songs until our appetizer comes. A good 35 minutes later it comes... to our disappointment. There are exactly 8 rings of rubbery, cold calamari for 8 dollars. My friend exclaims, "well this better be delicious!" (once our server has left of course) It was honestly the worst calamari I've ever had... and I've eaten A LOT of it. So I ask our waitress to take it back, I tell her very politely that we are not with pleased with it. She doesn't offer any apology, she turns around and walks away with our appetizer. Moments later, the angry owner appears... she refuses to take the appetizer off our check, she says nothing is wrong with the food. I am sitting at a table being yelled at over calamari, staring back at her in shock. This is the last straw, I tell her "fine... we are leaving give me the bill for the calamari"... she takes just a few minutes too long, and I realize that this is ridiculous...I am not paying for food that was inedible! So I go over to the cash register and quietly tell the owner that I really think she is wrong to charge me for food that I did not eat. She is actually screaming at me by this point, people are staring... she yells at me to just go. So I go back to my seat gather my things and she comes back saying that I am ruining her business. I realize that times are tough, but if 8 rings of calamari are going to put you out of business maybe there are other problems in your establishment.

This was a horrible experience, and I will never go back. To be fair though, I have eaten here before and the food has been satisfactory. The service however, is constantly under par. A safer bet, and a more economical one, is Koto Steakhouse in Groton, Ct.

2 Thank chris29teen89