“Overpriced and shady”

Add it.
Fuji Garden Japanese Steak HSE
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

This wasnt the first time, but we went here with a large party (10 of us). We did the whole hibachi thing with sushi and drinks and appetizers galore. Food was great. The atmosphere is nice (not great, needs some cosmetic work). The bill was not! It was fun, but man... Really was not worth it... And this is coming from a guy who goes out quite a lot to decent establishments.

Other thing to note: they often include your tip in the price of the meal... So be careful or you'll be double tipping. I always give 20% or more, and just got tricked by this on accident. I called to correct the error the next day and they quite vehemently informed me "tough luck". Poor handling by their manager so I will never be going back.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I stopped in for dinner during a business trip with 2 co-workers. I have been past this location many times over multiple years and never stopped in - the lot was always empty and I wondered if they were really open. Well, this time we stopped (on a Wednesday night) and there were exactly 3 cars in the parking lot. That translated to 2 customers eating dinner and one more in the bar. Most of the lights were off in the place - We were offered the sushi bar (check off the box menu) and the regular menu. One of the guys ordered a box dinner, I ordered shrimp tempura and the last of our dinner party ordered a beef dish. We had 2 appetizers (calamari and potstickers) ... they were excellent. The main course was timely and quite tasty. The bill was not excessive - we had a great time. Here is the big question ..... How do they stay in business? They must do a smashing lunch business or weekend dinner business. I will definitely go back there.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We frequent Fuji Garden and love the place. We normally get shumai, salad and a bunch of different sushi, but have also had some of the box dinners and have done the hibachi. The food is simply great. The ambience is very interesting. The owner bought an old nightclub and built within it an incredible place with exposed beams, a Japanese garden and a winding wooden walkway. What you see around you was built by the fellow who also often makes the sushi. Enjoy a great evening and great food when you go there!

Reviewed 25 May 2012

The chef did a terrific job entertaining the guests with his food preparation. He made everyone feel relaxed and the meal was delicious.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I have enjoyed a few good meals as well as just having drinks at the bar. Nice, cozy atmosphere and attentive service. Oatmeal martini worth noting

1  Thank Plastiqman