“Hank's is worth every penny!”
Review of Hank's Dairy Bar

Hank's Dairy Bar
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Plainfield
Reviewed 29 August 2013

It isn't the cheapest- but the food and selection are top notch! I love the lobster rolls, clam chowder and fried scallops. They have great tacos, loaded hot dogs and yummy burgers. Just watch out for those additional costs. I was once charged extra to take lettuce off of a chicken sandwich. And if you say it is for here- they will charge you $1 for a tray. They have an inconspicuous sign saying they do this, but most people don't know- and lose the dollar. You get the dollar back when you ask for it- kind of embarrassing- so we just order everything to go... I mean a dollar isn't much but when you pay Hank's prices for fast food- you don't want to give them anymore than you have to.

1  Thank Heather B

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I grew up eating at Hanks and it is a must when I go back home for a business. I live in Florida now and we have no where that could compare to Hanks. They have the best onion rings, fried clams, and lobster rolls. How I wish they were here in Sarasota.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

All the good reviews have to be coming from people that are letting their childhood memories control their reviews. So to set it straight, I am not a local but instead a temporary transplant. The food is really very poor. And it is extremely over priced. It would be over priced even if it were good. The only reason they do not get a 1 star from me is they are efficient, friendly and have a nice outside eating area. That is it. The ice cream is all soft serve and no better than McDonalds or Wendy's. Maybe not as good. The lobster roll is good, however it is $12.00 and served on a hotdog bun. The portion is tiny. Most of the seafood which they are famous for has no flavor to it and the breading is usually under cooked. The hamburgers are always over cooked on the other hand. So if you want a soft serve ice cream while you walk your dog in a very nice outside park like area, go for it. Otherwise do not waste your time or money.

1  Thank Osobad
Reviewed 15 June 2013

When I was little, my family would go to Hank's in the summertime. I have so many fond memories of sitting in the back of the car eating ice cream and crab cakes. So after 20+ years of being away from the area, I finally made my way back when visiting my family. I admit I was a little scared to go, I didn't want all of those lovely times I remember in my mind to be shattered. But I left feeling even more elated than I could have ever I imagined!
A small order of crab cakes, exactly as I remember them. Delicious! A lobster roll, I skipped the bread and most of the chips, but the lobster was lovely. And of course - my all time favourite, an upside down banana split... I always cried eating this. All so wrong, but so right! My husband was quite impressed and I was finally able to share a few stories along with the food.
Hank's is awesome. The root of happiness!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

this place is excellent. I was born and raised in the Griswold area, but moved to Rhode Island 7 years ago. starting in march I start to look at their website daily for opening day, I drive to over an hour at leaste 4-5 times in the summer just to go to hanks.
their onion rings are home made and unlike any you will ever have, the lobster roll is so good I want one right now! everyone from the ri/ct/ or mass area i am sure remembers the once famed rocky point amusement park and shore dinner hall. Rocky points clam cakes will always be best....but if you ever have a craving for them then hanks is the place to go because they almost taste exact !!!!!
no matter what you choose to get...u must no matter what get a side of the onion rings to go with your order.