Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
Farmington Inn(Farmington)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$160
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront deskirish pubmarriott pointshot tubfree breakfastlarge bathroompast few yearsnight manageryogurta great staylaundry roomtwo queen bedshotel lobbyfridge and microwavehousekeeping staffup to datebusiness trip
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Hotel was under some contruction, looked a bit suspect, but we decided to chance it. Hotel staff was unprofessional, we made arrangements to pay for 2 rooms, provided extensive billing information, signed forms and yet hotel staff still insisted our guests provide credit card info and placed a hold on their cards, which they would not remove even when we explained that we had set up billing arrangements ahead of time. A week later they figured out that someone at the hotel had "misfiled" our information. When we requested that the manager call us, they never did. In addition, one of our guests had their daughter come to the hotel and stay with her husband (booking yet another room) but when they entered the room they found the linens soiled, and had to have them replaced. VERY disappointing overall.

1  Thank Melanie M
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My initial impression of the Fairfield facade was not favorable; I had driven into their parking lot on a late Sunday afternoon in late April of 2013 to be confronted with what appeared to be windowless windows boarded up with plywood and building materials scattered in the parking lot. There were a total of three cars in the lot at the time. I was worried becuase I had booked two co-workers into the hotel as well and wondered how I would explain this one? My fears were unfounded - the desk person explained that a new restaurant was being built. From the moment I stepped in until the moment I left, I could not find any issues. My room was quiet, very clean and comfortable; the breakfast was OK (think twice about the eggs & turkey sausage) and the exercise room had a small but adequate selection of equipment. The location was perfect for where I had to go. OVerall I would stay again if I had reason to be in the area.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is a large Fairfield Inn with nice rooms. It's about a 3 year old property, but as many Fairfield Inns have, there are some disappointments.

When I checked in, my room was nice, complete with small fridge & microwave, but it smelled horrendous. It has very musty moldy odor through out. I went back down to the front desk and they moved me to a "upgraded room" which is just like any King room at a Springhill Suites.

There is a sign at the front desk touting "hot breakfast" which has been lacking at Fairfields, but don't stay here for the breakfast. "Hot Breakfast" means dried out scrambled eggs from a bag and grey turkey sausage in water. The fruit available was bruised & brown. I skipped breakfast and went down the street to a Friendly's for a real "Hot Breakfast".

Overall, it's a nice hotel and close to where I need to work today, The staff are nice hand helpful, except the breakfast lady who just said "Sorry" for providing what was passed off as scrambled eggs.

If I had a choice between this Fairfield and a Holiday Inn Express, I would choose the HIE simply because they know how to provide a hot breakfast.

2  Thank The_Traveler_2013
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This hotel far exceeded our expectations. For a mid level chain hotel, we were surprised by the quality of the rooms, the cleanliness, and the breakfast. The rooms are your average room but were absolutely immaculate, the bathrooms were large, with plenty of towels and Pantene shampoo/conditioner, with strong water pressure. Everything was super clean and the bed was very comfortable. All of the furniture etc looked close to brand new. The pool area is tiny, but fine for a quick dunk (the pool is really the size of a large hot tub). The breakfast was great for continental style with yogurt, fresh fruit and the normal fare. Free coffee all day and cookies in the afternoon. We'd never stayed at a Fairfield before, we'll be back. Go for it and feel confident in your decision. Hats off the the amazing housekeeping staff...this might be one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in (including high end).

It seems like the hotel primarily does business travel as this was the clear dominant clientele. I thought the rate for a weekday without a business deal was a bit high, but the rooms were almost worth it. The weekend rates looked around $90 which seemed just about right.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

In August 2012 my family and I (two adults, two 5-year olds) stayed here for four nights. The property is new, so it is clean, well-kempt and attractive. We had a spacious one-bedroom suite (kids could sleep in living room on pull-out couch) which worked very well. There is a nice little pool and hot tub for the kids right in the lobby, and a free breakfast buffet next to that. Overall, worked very well as a home base for us to enjoy some CT sites for a few days.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family