“FABULOUS!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Plainville
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed here as my son had an event in Bristol. I booked with my Marriott points and stayed for 3 nights. I was warmly greeted upon check-in by Jennifer who called us in our room about 20 minutes after checking in to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The room was perfect and immaculate. The next day, Betsy was on and she I can't say enough about her. Marriott should be so grateful that she is on their staff. She was incredibly helpful with directions, where to eat and even offered to put my laundry in the dryer when I had to quickly run out. The breakfast was very good and diverse. I believe her name was Gina (forgive me if it isn't) and she was always smiling and making sure that the food was stocked. There were a lot of hungry, athletic teenage boys there and she did a great job. Only drawback was no restaurant on the premise.
I would definitely stay here again if I had the need to be in the area. Kudos all around to the entire staff from front desk to housekeeping.

Room Tip: I had a room away from the pool on the first floor near a side exit. It can get very busy on the we...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I was there on business during the last very bad blizzard we had. I went out to a meeting that lasted a while but was planning on checking out that night. The roads were closed as I was about to leave my meeting. So I called the manager and told him I can't leave and if I got there in the morning and checked out and soon as I can would I still be charged for that night and he said YES! This was completely beyond my control. So I had no choice but to book another night and when I got back to the hotel the next day the TV's were down. The lady at the front desk told me it was beyond their control. The snow covered their satellites. YES, GET IT! Beyond my control. Someone else may have asked for a discount but I understood it was beyond their control. NEVER AGAIN. I would never go or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Eliza J
Reviewed 13 August 2013

A great stay. Continental breakfast was more than adequate, room was SO CLEAN, and the parking was ample. They have great staff there. I have a knee problem and needed an icepack (at 1am of all times!) and the person working the front desk managed to find a onetime use pack for me. So convenient. I didn't use the pool or fitness room but both seemed nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

If you need a hotel in the Plainville/New Britain/Southington/Farmington area, this is a great choice. Stayed here to visit family and on the same trip also stayed at 3 other hotels in nearby states . Although the other hotels were supposed to be rated higher, I would rank this Marriott Fairfield Inn at the top. The staff were very efficient, the free breakfast very good and the room perfect (clean and quiet). And the price quoted at the Marriott website was lower than the other "discount" travel websites. The location is a little tricky if you are not familiar with the area. It is essentially between route 84 and route 72 (at the Plainville/New Britain line). Don't expect luxury but I gave it a 5 star because it met and exceeded what I expected.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently for a baseball tourney. Right of the freeway, with good amount of things to do right in walking distance. Nice, clean hotel with very friendly staff. Would definitely stay here if in area again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We arrived at 0930 PM after a long drive from Maine. We were greeted warmly, and upgraded to a larger room. The staff was very friendly, the room was large, and we had a good night sleep. This is a very, very nice hotel, well worth the money, and especially well worth the points if you are a Marriott Rewards member. Breakfast the next morning was okay, nothing special. The staff went out of their way to help us. This is our stopping point when we leave home late in the afternoon, headed south or west.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Hotel was under some contruction, looked a bit suspect, but we decided to chance it. Hotel staff was unprofessional, we made arrangements to pay for 2 rooms, provided extensive billing information, signed forms and yet hotel staff still insisted our guests provide credit card info and placed a hold on their cards, which they would not remove even when we explained that we had set up billing arrangements ahead of time. A week later they figured out that someone at the hotel had "misfiled" our information. When we requested that the manager call us, they never did. In addition, one of our guests had their daughter come to the hotel and stay with her husband (booking yet another room) but when they entered the room they found the linens soiled, and had to have them replaced. VERY disappointing overall.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Melanie M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainville
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Residence Inn Southington
#2 of 8 in Southington
5 mi away
Courtyard Hartford Farmington

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville? Share your experiences!