Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
Farmington Inn(Farmington)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$160
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront deskirish pubmarriott pointshot tubfree breakfastlarge bathroompast few yearsnight manageryogurta great staylaundry roomtwo queen bedshotel lobbyfridge and microwavehousekeeping staffup to datebusiness trip
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel on two separate nights while my husband was undergoing serious surgery at a nearby hospital. The staff at this Fairfield Inn was stellar--welcoming, helpful, compassionate (special kudos to Madeline, Betsy, and Jennifer on the front desk and Nancy in the breakfast room)--the inn was attractively decorated and everything was scrupulously clean. My room was comfortable and quiet. I woulod recommend it to anyone needing lodging in this area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We spent a weekend night in January, 2014 as a getaway for the kids. This hotel is four years old, so everything seems pretty new. Quiet location despite being close to the highway. Has a rather small pool and a hot tub, a small workout room with two treadmills, an elliptical, and freeweights, serves an okay continental breakfast with yogurt, cereal, bagels and breads, small muffins, fruit, turkey sausage and powdered type scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs. The lobby was comfortable and welcoming. Overall, for the price, this is a great place to stay if you're visiting the area, or if you want a weekend getaway with kids who'd enjoy a little pool - my ten year old boys certainly liked it. The evening desk person was incredibly friendly and hospitable. Despite being almost nine months pregnant, she brought our kids freshly baked cookies!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My family spent the night here on a long drive up the East Coast. This has got to be the cleanest hotel I have every stayed in. In addition, the lady at the front desk (Madeline, I think) was incredibly welcoming and helpful, which was a godsend after 12 hours of driving in the pouring rain. This hotel had a few extras that I appreciated: a tiny swimming pool, a huge room and bathroom (which is important when the adults want to talk when the kids are asleep), free WiFi, and a hot breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Came here with my family of 4 becuase we did not want to drive home from a family party. The staff member that checked us in (forgot her name but she was an older woman with short hair), was the nicest front desk agent I have ever met. She checked us in quickly and gave us all the info we needed. Kids wanted to go straight to pool after we checked in. We went to our room and it was perfectly clean, and thwn to the pool which was small but nice. Kids did not want to leave. The next morning I took the kids back to the pool while their dad worked out at the hotel gym.Lovely hotel, lovely people, lovely price. I highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I recently stayed at this location on a family trip to Connecticut for Thanksgiving. I checked in on Wednesday and waiting the arrival of other family at a family members house the time was getting late and I hadn't checked in yet. I called the hotel and told the front desk I was still checking in but would be about another hour. She was very understanding and said there'd be no problem. Upon arrival front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel from lobby to guestrooms were nicely decorated and welcoming. Someone said that the they believe the property had renovated over the past few years. The decor in the guest rooms was great. The room and bathroom was extremely spacious. There were 3 of us in the room and things were great. Would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family