“Hearthstone Pub updates menu”
Review of Hearthstone Pub - CLOSED

Hearthstone Pub
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: New Restaurant/ Bar in Plantsville CT
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Hearthstone Pub has updated its menu and now has the theme of an Irish pub. My wife and I were lucky enough to experience the change on our last visit here and we were very impressed. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs and was well versed in all the items on the menu. We look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I visited this bar because they had an interesting tap list online with some local breweries he wanted try (I would've tried them but I'm 8 months pregnant so my focus was on the food).
The bar was pretty empty for a saturday at 5:30PM but we didn't mind. When you walk in it's a great space with what looked like new floors and a newish bar area. There was a small lounge off to the side and the restaurant seating was towards the back when you walk in. There was a private party going on upstairs so it was a little loud but we didn't mind that either because it was pretty empty otherwise.
We sat at the bar and were tended to right away by a great bartender, I believe Ryan was his name. Told us that there was happy hour today until 6PM and gave us some menus to look over AND since we were just getting there before 6PM he was sure to put our order in for the happy hour price! A few other couples came in and he did the same for them as well. This I appreciate because lots of places don't "try" to get those orders in before the deadline.
We ordered the happy hour potato skins, lobster arancini, and the calamari and all of them were good. We were especially impressed with the arancini because it tasted fresh not frozen and you definitely got some lobster flavor. The potato skins had good crunch and everything came out right away.
We each had a drink and finished up the apps and contemplated staying for another BUT there was another bar down the street that we wanted to try, the Hop Haus. Which was pretty awful so if you are in the same boat, do yourself a favor and hang out at the hearthstone instead. Much better atmosphere, bar list, and food.
Overall we'll be back since it's only 15 minutes from us and we really liked the experience.

1  Thank Megancecelia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I just got home from a visit with friends to Hearthstone Pub and I couldn't wait to get to my computer to write this review. I don't often get so excited about places we've visited, but I absolutely LOVED this place.

First of all, the staff was AMAZING. Our waitress was Katie (from Germany, complete with accent) and she was one of the best servers I have met. She was incredibly helpful and sweet and really knew her beer. She gave great suggestions and treated us so well all night. It was really her welcoming and fun attitude that pushed this review over to be 5 stars.

We started with the Irish Nachos which were yummy, but nothing too special. As an entree, I got the corned beef sandwich which was to die for. Perfect corned beef with delicious cheese and sauteed purple cabbage. It was a twist on a ruben in a way and BOY was it good. it came with incredible crispy fresh chips. For fun, I ordered fried brussel sprouts on the side at Katie's suggestion. They were delicious! Everyone else really enjoyed their meals too, and no one left disappointed.

One of the best parts were the beer flights. You get 4 glasses with 5-oz tastings of their extensive draught beer selection, all for $7. Great price, great selection, and overall an amazing experience.

We sat outside which was great, so I can't speak to the ambiance indoors. Outside was a cute patio right on main street in what feels like a classic old factory town. The waitress mentioned that they recently changed their menu, so it seems that this place recently went through a bit of an overhaul. For those who gave bad reviews, I would recommend trying it again. All of the servers, managers, food runners, etc. were amazing, the food was delicious, and our dinner there was one of the best experiences I've had at a restaurant. We can't wait to return in the future!!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Went there on Sunday evening and practically had the place to ourselves. They treated us like royalty. They provided samples of every beer on tap. My wife ordered a drink not on the menu which they were happy to make. Food was outstanding. Bill was ridiculously reasonable. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Hearthstone Pub in Plantsville, CT (part of Southington) is a great place for a lunch, dinner or just meeting someone for a drink. The menu is great and the atmosphere is wonderful.