“Unparalleled Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Fox Hill Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pomfret
Inn at Fox Hill Farm
Ranked #1 of 5 Pomfret B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Unparalleled Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

From the moment you pull in the drive and a catch of view of the pond and the vista all your responsibilites just begin to melt away. Then you step out of the car and you are greeted by Nick and Polly with the warmth as if they were welcoming an old friend or some long lost family member and it only gets better from there... charming surroundings, the most comfortable bed (hard to leave it), beautiful view, outstanding service, and delicious breakfast .. will definately return year after year!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2008

My wife and I have stayed at Nick and Polly's B & B for three years in a row now. It is exactly what I picture when I think of rustic New England...stone walls, a pond, a corn field, a fireplace...The property itself offers plenty of privacy and every amenity you can think of. My wife loves the stand-alone bathtub. We invited friends over and used the bbq this year. The breakfasts are delicious.

It's perfect.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2008

Staying at the Inn at Fox Hill Farm was one of the most gracious, comfortable and lovely experiences we've ever had with any accomodation. We were met by the delightful innkeeper Nick LoPiccolo who gave us the quick rundown on our cottage, and left us to enjoy a delicious pie he'd baked for us. The cottage is beautifully situated on a hill with a view of the pond, and a back patio where Nick served a delicious breakfast every morning. Even before we arrived, he called to find out what food and beverages we'd like in our fridge, as well as our breakfast preferences. The food was absolutely delicious (and healthy), and Nick is a most gracious host. The cottage is a comfortable and elegantly appointed 1 bedroom stocked with all the comforts of home and more. There were delicious goodies, drinks and food staples aplenty, with the most thoughtful touches to make for a very relaxing and aesthetically pleasing stay. The only problem was our realization that Nick's Inn was not home away from home, it was better!

• Liked — Comfort and thoughtful service.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank TPLinda
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2008

I rarely return to a location, but the Inn at Fox Hill Farm is so exceptional that, even after three visits in the past few years (4-5 days each), I am looking for my next opportunity to go back. It was recommended to me by a friend, and following my first trip alone, other friends insisted on joining me.

The Lopiccolos are the consummate innkeepers -- on every visit, they were genuinely happy we were there. They were thoughtful about making us feel at home, completely understanding about our lazy sleep-in schedule, excited and educational about the many ways we could spend each day (even if I preferred solitude), and were absolutely pleased to fix us the best breakfast we'd had in a looooong time which we could eat anywhere we liked, in our PJ's if we wanted.

More than I expect has always been available in the cottage, and everything I want is inherent in the setting: the soft sound of geese settling down for a night on the water, a brisk walk through the woods and around the lake, an easy day-trip to picturesque towns with terrific restaurants, or even a reasonable drive into Boston for dinner and a show.

I always have to bring work with me. There is a desk, but my preference is to flip open the laptop from the incredible stuffed chair with the breeze coming through the open window, or to go out on the cottage's garden patio, or sit by the lake.

It's just...great.

• Liked — Genuinely welcoming, and complete in more ways than I even expected.
  • Stayed October 2003, travelled solo
3 Thank FranInDallas
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

Words cannot express how truly wonderful our weekend was. Nick (Polly was away) went above and beyond to make our second anniversary extra special. From the moment we arrived, I was treated like a princess! I am a very picky eater and both mornings my plate was completely cleared. Nick's eggs and "fly away" pancakes were delicious! The best part is while you eat on your own private deck, you have this amazing view of the water and the cornfield. After a scrumptious breakfast each morning and days full of activities, my husband and I would come back and then lay on the hammock. It was so relaxing! Whenever my husband and I went out we always came back to find one of Nick's warm, kind notes. His recommendations (Sharpe Hill, The Harvest, Vanilla Bean Cafe, Martha's Herbary, and Celebrations were absolutely perfect). This is our third time staying at a B&B and we are still in awe at how our every need was attended too. We wish them the best of luck with the renovations on the Main House. Without a doubt we will be back.-Allison & Joe

• Liked — How friendly Nick was. He made sure everything was perfect!
  • Disliked — That we had to leave!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank alikat126
connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2008

Our stay at The Inn at Fox Hill Farm was so utterly tranquil, beautiful, friendly, peaceful and quiet, that we cut short our other activities to maximize our time there.
It is on a farm which has been in the same family since 1707. From our cabin, as far as our eyes could see were wide-open spaces. It is on Rt 169, a National Scenic Byway, which boasts historical towns and brilliant fall foliage. The innkeepers are very kind and very fastidious and thorough.
From the deck, we looked over a beautiful lake and fields while we ate a delicious, truly unique breakfast of secret-recipe blueberry pancakes accompanied by eggs, bacon, fresh orange juice, and many other yummy things, as the innkeepers had asked ahead of time what kind of bread and milk we like, and stocked up the fridge with rare treats.
My king- sized bed was the most comfortable bed I'd ever slept in--my sister said it was a pillow-top bed. The cabin is furnished with precious antiques of the family and the area, books of interest, and any kind of nicety you might need or want for the bath including bath salts and cozy robes.
Nearby is an award-winning restaurant called The Harvest, which will come in handy when we get to go back to The Inn at Fox Hill Farm.

• Liked — the innkeepers, the beauty, the comfort, the treats
  • Disliked — that we had to leave, and it's about 2 hours from my home, so i can't go back too easily
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ceebdough
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pomfret
Americas Best Value Inn Putnam
#5 of 13 in Sturbridge
Inn at Woodstock Hill
Inn at Woodstock Hill
#1 of 6 in Woodstock

Been to Inn at Fox Hill Farm? Share your experiences!