Inn at Fox Hill Farm
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$90
Priceline
US$165
Priceline
US$86
  • Room Service
Quiet Corner Inn(Brooklyn)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$82
US$77
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center(Southbridge)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$94
Official Hotel
Ashford Motel(Ashford)
US$98
US$75
US$98
Scottish Inn Sturbridge(Sturbridge)(Great Value!)
US$140
All reviewsblueberry pancakesstocked fridgethought of everythingfox hillbath saltsb bnew englandquiet cornercomforts of homebottle of champagneeach morningclose to homefall colorskingsize bedget awayclaw foot tubliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I have been traveling to CT for many years to visit family and friends. When I found Fox Hill Farm, I could not believe such a place really existed. The hosts, Nick and Polly are very gracious, friendly and respectful of privacy.
The setting is amazing, acres of fields, a gorgeous pond view from the wonderful deck, beautiful plantings and the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept in. The accomodations are cozy in the winter, with a woodstove stoked and the snow falling outside, and light and breezy in the summer, with many windows and air-conditioning if you need it!
The hosts shop for your favorite staples before you arrive and make every effort to make your stay memorable and seamless. The Inn is close to many cities, including Mystic Seaport, Boston, Hartford and Providence. I just returned from a stay there, flying in and out of Logan, and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2010

From the moment you pull in the drive and a catch of view of the pond and the vista all your responsibilites just begin to melt away. Then you step out of the car and you are greeted by Nick and Polly with the warmth as if they were welcoming an old friend or some long lost family member and it only gets better from there... charming surroundings, the most comfortable bed (hard to leave it), beautiful view, outstanding service, and delicious breakfast .. will definately return year after year!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2008

My wife and I have stayed at Nick and Polly's B & B for three years in a row now. It is exactly what I picture when I think of rustic New England...stone walls, a pond, a corn field, a fireplace...The property itself offers plenty of privacy and every amenity you can think of. My wife loves the stand-alone bathtub. We invited friends over and used the bbq this year. The breakfasts are delicious.

It's perfect.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 October 2008

Staying at the Inn at Fox Hill Farm was one of the most gracious, comfortable and lovely experiences we've ever had with any accomodation. We were met by the delightful innkeeper Nick LoPiccolo who gave us the quick rundown on our cottage, and left us to enjoy a delicious pie he'd baked for us. The cottage is beautifully situated on a hill with a view of the pond, and a back patio where Nick served a delicious breakfast every morning. Even before we arrived, he called to find out what food and beverages we'd like in our fridge, as well as our breakfast preferences. The food was absolutely delicious (and healthy), and Nick is a most gracious host. The cottage is a comfortable and elegantly appointed 1 bedroom stocked with all the comforts of home and more. There were delicious goodies, drinks and food staples aplenty, with the most thoughtful touches to make for a very relaxing and aesthetically pleasing stay. The only problem was our realization that Nick's Inn was not home away from home, it was better!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank TPLinda
Reviewed 3 October 2008

I rarely return to a location, but the Inn at Fox Hill Farm is so exceptional that, even after three visits in the past few years (4-5 days each), I am looking for my next opportunity to go back. It was recommended to me by a friend, and following my first trip alone, other friends insisted on joining me.

The Lopiccolos are the consummate innkeepers -- on every visit, they were genuinely happy we were there. They were thoughtful about making us feel at home, completely understanding about our lazy sleep-in schedule, excited and educational about the many ways we could spend each day (even if I preferred solitude), and were absolutely pleased to fix us the best breakfast we'd had in a looooong time which we could eat anywhere we liked, in our PJ's if we wanted.

More than I expect has always been available in the cottage, and everything I want is inherent in the setting: the soft sound of geese settling down for a night on the water, a brisk walk through the woods and around the lake, an easy day-trip to picturesque towns with terrific restaurants, or even a reasonable drive into Boston for dinner and a show.

I always have to bring work with me. There is a desk, but my preference is to flip open the laptop from the incredible stuffed chair with the breeze coming through the open window, or to go out on the cottage's garden patio, or sit by the lake.

It's just...great.