“A convenient, affordable and quiet place to stay”
Review of Riverdale Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Portland
Riverdale Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portland
A TripAdvisor Member
“A convenient, affordable and quiet place to stay”
Reviewed 15 June 2002

I have stayed at the Riverdale Motel many times over the years and felt the need to reply to a review I saw on this site. The reviewer is obviously basing their opinion solely on what they have seen driving past the Riverdale. The motel is made up of two buildings. The older building(a Portland landmark for well over 50 years) faces the road and sometimes people think that s all there is to the place. The second building is newer and set back off the road, making it a very quiet place to stay. I have never had any problems with the other guests and neither have my children. The parking lots are well lit and all entrances to the buildings are easily visible. The main building is equipped with security cameras which can be monitored from the front desk, which is staffed 24 hours a day. There is even complientary coffee and pastry offered in the office in the mornings. There may not be a lot to do within walking distance of the Riverdale, but most of Connecticut is within a 30 minute drive. It's one of the only places to stay on that side of the river and is a lot easier to get into than the hotels associated with the casinos (which are about 45 minutes away), not to mention more affordable. I know I may sound a little effusive and almost like I'm trying to advertise the Riverdale, but I have had nothing but good experiences in my stays there. In fact, during one of my stays there was a group of nuns in the rooms down the hall. Not exactly the seedy types another reviewer would have you believe frequent this establishment.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Inn at Middletown
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 4 in Cromwell
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford

Been to Riverdale Motel? Share your experiences!