“You're right, this is not your typical B & B !”

Roseledge Country Inn and Farm Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Preston B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mastic Beach, LI New York
“You're right, this is not your typical B & B !”
Reviewed 10 January 2008

Select Registry or not this B & B was one to remember. The wifey and I had an amazing time at a really amazing and authentic old home. This previous couple obviously did not let Gail know what their complaints were (or the rest of us for that matter), because if they did she would have done everything short of moving the stone stairway for them. She was on top of everything, every little detail that you usually just wish for she was able to make a reality. We were treated like family, or at least like old friends in her beautiful home which is about 300 years old. Think about it, this is the oldest house I have ever slept in and then we got to go to sleep each night with the sounds and soft light of the fireplace in our room. My wife was in heaven, she got to take her bath in the Jacuzzi tub while I took a well needed nap. We woke up, borrowed Gail's Iron( clothes were all wrinkly from the car trip), and got ready to go out for New Years Eve. We went to Foxwoods because we had gone to Mohequian Sun the night before and we had an awsome spot to ring in the New Year. This was like two seperate vacations in one, when we got tired of the noise and excitement of the casinos we headed back to our own private spot to relax and enjoy each others' company. Looking forward to trying a midweek trip during the summertime when the gardens are all in bloom. Any younger traveller's who want to try a B & B who have never gone, this is the one to try, no silly rules or regulations.

• Liked — personal service
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank st_and_pz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Downingtown, PA
Reviewed 31 December 2007

We spent a weekend at Roseledge for my wife's birthday, and could not have been happier. We had previously spent several weeks in Ireland at B&Bs, and this blew all of them away. Gail is a marvelous hostess, who went way beyond the necessary to sneak up to our room one afternoon and deck it out with brithday decorations, cake, and a bottle of champagne for my wife. The house itself is an amazingly beautiful old farmhouse, and Gail and Sandy's gardens all over the grounds are spectacular (go in October and check out her Halloween decorations!). It's hard to imagine a better setting or a more engaging hostess. Together, it's a combination that makes for a perfect weekend getaway.

• Liked — The house itself, and of course the host and hostess
  • Disliked — A little tough to find after dark (unless you have a GPS)
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 October 2007

My husband and I were deeply disappointed in this place. The rooms pictures on the website are not what you get! We booked for our 30th anniversary and when we got there we didn't even stay! We have stayed in plenty of B & B's mostly booked from Select Registry and this was awful! We paid for the 2 nights and walked out the door and found another place to stay. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has stayed at a Select Registry B & B!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank SeasonedTraveler55
roseledgefarm, Owner/Innkeeper at Roseledge Country Inn and Farm Shop, responded to this review, 31 December 2007
We understand that that not every B&B guest and B&B are a 100% match, and make every effort to be sure that we meet our guests expectaions. I recall this young couple very well, as we had a nice conversation before they left for Foxwoods casino. In fact I was concerned when I realized they had not returned from the casino and called thier cell phone to be sure they were o.k. She explained they had meet up with some friends whom they had not seen in a long time and were invited to stay with them at the casino as they had a suite there. It was late and so she said she did not want to call and wake us. How nice for them was my reply and said that if they were ever in the area again I would give them two nights free loding during the week. They said they were happy with that and made their good byes. I'm surprised they would post this comment as never was there an indication that they were not happy with our accomadations.
Hamden, CT
Reviewed 18 July 2007

Gail and Sandy made us feel like family, but without having to clean up after breakfast! What a pleasure to stay at a B&B who's gardens and food are like our own! Everything was perfect, right down to the champagne for our anniversary. This was a very memorable stay that we plan on repeating.

• Liked — Friendliness of inkeepers
  • Disliked — Kind of isolated
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chimay47
New York
Reviewed 22 October 2006

My boyfriend and I just returned from a relaxing weekend from the Roseledge Herb B&B. I was very impressed with the fresh baked goods made daily. However, breakast was the same for the two mornings we were there. The John Meech room was both cozy and romantic with the down-feather bed, fire place and jacuzzi tub. The price was reasonable for the area. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Liked — fresh baked goods
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
Lk Hiawatha, NJ
Reviewed 5 September 2006

My boyfriend & I stayed at Roseledge for two nights, and what a wonderful place to stay it was!! It was our first experience at a B&B and it was just magnificent!! The lovely scenery, great hospitality, and awesome cooking/baking!!! I highly suggest going to Duffy's Tavern in RI (don't worry Gail will give you directions) & Newport, RI - wonderful New England Villages. They even got a birthday cake for my boyfriend's birthday - HOW NICE!! We miss it already!! Can't wait to come back!

• Liked — The wonderful hospitality!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Tips/Secrets — The baking is delicious!!!!! I must have gained 5 lbs eating those wonderful cranberry muffins!!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blondifromhart
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2006

What a wonderful treat! I had worked all week in CT and was exhausted by the time I arrived at Roseledge. To say that I was completely rejuvenated by the next morning is an understatement. Gail's hospitality, wonderful home baked treats and comfortable accommodations were just what we needed. My husband said it was the best breakfast he ever had (and that's quite a compliment coming from him!). Thank you to Gail and Sandy for opening your home to us and our well-behaved four-legged "child".

• Stayed June 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Griswold

Been to Roseledge Country Inn and Farm Shop? Share your experiences!