“"Excellent stay"”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Preston
New York City, New York
“"Excellent stay"”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times. The hotel is beautiful. The staff is the best.
Always pleasant.Early check-in!!! Always accommodating. This last time we brought friends with
us and they felt the same way. We will be back!!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This hotel is a great location for anyone looking to have some fun. If you like to gamble, see a show, go to the aquarium or even the beach, this hotel is in a great location for all of this. It is clean and very affordable. The staff is helpful and friendly.

Bronx, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I choose a room with a world pool; the price was not bad at all for the room. Service and staff were a pleasure to deal with. Cleanliness of the hotel overall was excellent. Definitely would return to same hotel.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

A quick overnight getaway without kids was nothing short of excellent. We were able to check-in early...big bonus! The room was clean, spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The location to Foxwoods is prime. The price was great and after this stay we have no need or desire to stay on property at Foxwoods. We highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013
Bergenfield, NJ
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed one night, for a concert at Foxwoods. This hotel is only a mile from the casino, and I was surprised at the great deal for a room. The Lobby was spacious and well appointed, the front desk staff could not have been friendlier. The room was huge and spotless, with AC that worked extremely well. The Herman Miller chairs at the large desk were ridiculously comfortable. I was impressed with the number of power outlets in the room, quite enough to charge the multitude of gadgets you may have. There is a weekend breakfast buffet which was decent as far as hotel breakfasts go, and you can have dishes made special for you. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I had an accessible room due to my handicap, the rest room is definitely handicapped friendly, and n...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ocala, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were taking a trip from Florida to Maine, stopping at various places on interest along the way. Ten days into the trip we arrived at this hotel and started taking in the sights. The place was so comfortable and clean, and the staff so great that we ended up staying five nights and are making plans to return next year.

USA
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in July 2013. I arrived at 8:30 a.m. on a Wednesday after a long drive and I stopped in the hotel lobby to let the desk clerk know I arrived in the area and would be back later to check-in. To my amazement, she told me I could check in right away! I was so happy I could take all the food and drinks I had in a cooler in the car and put them in the room fridge and get myself settled in my room before setting out to enjoy what Foxwoods Resort has to offer. The hotel room is smallish, but adequate and well equipped with fridge, tv, coffeemaker, and hairdryer, and the beds are comfortable. One thing I didn't like about the room is the exit door is blocked when the bathroom door is opened. It seems like the Hilton wanted to squeeze every amount of available space they could into this property with smallish rooms and tightly squeezed areas. The indoor pool is surrounded by hotels rooms right next to it and the restaurant is really part of the hotel lobby with tables and chairs that look like a cocktail should be enjoyed there instead of a nice meal, but the hotel offers room service. I wondered why they didn't put up a wall to separate the restaurant from the lobby. There is coffee or lemon water in the lobby 24 hours a day which is a nice touch. A free shuttle is available from the Hilton to Foxwoods casinos. A good Italian restaurant named Eli's is a short drive down the road or they will deliver food to the hotel. I would highly recommend staying at the Hilton when visiting this area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#2 of 4 in Uncasville
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area? Share your experiences!