“Nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Preston
Washington, DC
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Staff was great. Rooms modern and clean. The rooms are small. Unfortunately there were no adjoining rooms for a family of 4 to share. I would stay again but get 2 rooms for my family. Cookies in the lobby were a hit with my kids.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Denise Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Carmel NY, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We always stay at this Hilton it's modern and beats anything around hands down. Foxwoods can keep there 500.00 a night rooms. There food service is great. Thank you Hilton for keeping it in the real world!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was visiting this area for the first time, for a night by myself, to stop over at Foxwoods partway through a trip. On the positive side, the hotel has a very nice lobby and the room is spacious, modern, and well-equipped (for instance ample power outlets, a pet peeve of mine). And what should have been a positive is the regular shuttle bus down the road to Foxwoods. But the shuttle was a big disappointment: the first one after my arrival was about 10 minutes behind schedule and only a minivan-sized car with multiple seats out of operation -- leaving room for just 4 passengers. I made it, but several didn't. The driver was hard to understand and vice-versa so people couldn't figure out when he'd be back for more. When I returned, the van was full again, so I had to wait about an extra 20 minutes. Once I got to my room, there was an awful lot of hallway noise for 2am.

To give the manager credit, when I commented on the shuttle, he offered me a discount for a return trip. The desk staff was all quite friendly, helpful, and concerned.

So, I think it's OK overall, but I'd recommend against relying on the shuttle if you want to go to Foxwoods. And maybe bring earplugs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Fred152
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel is just down the road from Foxwoods. However, there is not much around the hotel as far as restaurants or shopping. I would rank this Hilton Garden Inn average compared to others I have stayed at. The rooms are large and clean, the staff was friendly and the price was right.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
South Windsor, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotel is in great condition. Rooms very spacious and up to date. Beds are very comfortable. Very clean. Professional yet fun staff who go the extra mile to make a good stay a great one. Located beside Foxwoods Casino with a complimentary shuttle to and from, we took advantage of this service and were extremely satisfied. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Washington, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We enjoyed our time and stay at this Hilton near Foxwoods. The shuttles to the casino are frequent and fast. The staff is excellent and attentive. The rooms were larger than expected and extremely clean. The service at the bar and breakfast area were way above expectation. We were there for a wedding and the staff was friendly and anticipated our needs..mainly drinking!! I will now recommend this hotel as a great option for not staying directly in the Foxwoods or Mohegan properties.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I arrived to find the power was out and all I got from them was that it was after midnight and all the guest were just going to bed and the power should be back up in the morning. I demanded my money back several times and then they told me about a hotel down the road that could accommodate me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kristin S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest-

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when you arrived at our property. We were pleased we were able to get the power back after a 2 hour period but understand it was an inconvenience for all guests who were on property at that time.

I certainly hope you were pleased with the speed of refund and accommodations of the Bellissimo Grande Hotel and that you elect to stay with us in the future.

If I can be of further personal assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours in Hospitality-

Kristin Sanquedolce
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preston
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area? Share your experiences!