“Good food”

Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Preston
Groton, CT
“Good food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We have been a few times while in the area geocaching. Twice we got the pizza, which was awesome, this past time, we got a burger and a fish sandwich. Both were very good. Staff is friendly. We had a wasp buzzing at the window, and the waitress got Rena herself to come and get rid of the bugger! Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2014

Saint John, Canada
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

After coming to Foxwoods on a few occasions, the only thing that was missing was a nice place to enjoy a reasonably priced breakfast. We finally found it! Just up the road not even 5 minutes we found Rena's. The place was busy with lots of locals which is always a good sign. It was clean and bright and had a good menu. I had one egg with toast and hash browns for $2.95 and added some link sausage to it for $2.50. The portion sizes were just right, not the massive mounds of food that you can't, and probably shouldn't finish. I finished everything on my plate and left full. And best of all, I didn't feel that I overpaid. Wouldn't hesitate to eat here again, and in fact, likely will on every trip to Foxwoods.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Katrina W
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Nice hole in the wall place”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

It's always these little places that don't advertise that have the best food. We stopped for breakfast. One of the best I ever have. Nice and fresh and hot. Great waitress. Stopped here on way home from misquamicut beach. Wish there was one closer to me.

• Visited August 2013
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
“Very Good For What It Is!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My family and I spent five days in Norwich, very close to Rena's, while attending to some family matters that required us to come all the way from Taiwan. Because our B&B was a bit out of town, we opted for Rena's one night even though it looked a trifle neglected. However, for the type of joint that it is, a diner-style place with booth seating, a seats-at-the-counter eating area, and the run-of-the-mill standard atmosphere of such place. The food was surely a hit for us, but that is partly due to the fact that I cannot get such good burgers, fries, and diner-style food back in Asia. Otherwise, the service was great, with the waitress being very friendly and helpful, accommodating to our children, for sure. All in all, a worthwhile stop for a hungry family on a summer's eve.

• Visited June 2013