“A Fabulous Weekend!”
Review of green ROCKS inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ridgefield
green ROCKS inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Ridgefield B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pennsylvania
“A Fabulous Weekend!”
Reviewed 13 May 2011

My partner and I spent the weekend here and also got married here in April. The hosts, Barbara and Natasha, were friendly and exceptionally accomodating. The Inn itself was beautiful and the services and food were second to none. Our room was really a suite and it was very clean and accomodating. It really was a dream weekend! All the wedding atrrangements were taken care of right at the Inn and the wedding service was performed in front of a beautiful fireplace. Also the town of Ridgefield was a very nice to visit. We will not hesitate to return to Green Rocks for weekend getaways.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Barbara and Natacha were very gracious hosts. They exceeded our expectations as far as customer service goes. They catered to our every whim. Everything was in place prior to our arrival. They did everything they could do to make our wedding a special day. The beautiful breakfast served the day after was amazing. They had organic tea/coffee, granola, greek yogurt, organic toast, eggs, french toast ,sausage. Barbara and Natacha made us feel welcome, as if we were in our own home. The facility is absolute gorgeous and the photos do not do it justice. Thank you for making our wedding the most special day of our lives together.

Karen & Amy

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 14 October 2010

My partner and I recently vacationed to Ridgefield, Connecticut, and stayed at the wonderful Green Rocks Inn. We stayed for three nights in the Dance suite, and had a fabulous time. The inn was beautiful, the location was convenient and the inn keepers were just great hosts and beautiful people. Our wedding took place in the backyard, and the inn keeper was also a justice of the peace. She performed a very meaningful, personal and memorable ceremony. I can't say enough great things about Green Rocks. We felt right at home, relaxed, well taken care of and comfortable from day one. My partner and I felt like we checked into the inn as strangers and checked out with two new great friends. The food was also wonderful. The focus of the inn is to provide guests with all locally purchased, organic and freshly prepared food. Just another reason to love this place!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 March 2010

After a terrible windstorm hit our town and left us without power for multiple days, we finally sought refuge at a hotel. All of the hotels in our area were booked or without power, but Green Rocks Inn gave us much-needed refuge with very little notice. Barbara, the inn-keeper, was so accommodating and understanding of our situation and helped us feel relaxed and comfortable. She helped turn what had been a horrific experience at our home (with no power, flooded basement, no heat, etc.) into a wonderful little getaway for me and my family. We will be forever grateful! And even though we live only 45 minutes from the inn, we are seriously thinking of coming back for a weekend. The delicious organic breakfast, dedication to a pure environment, and organic bedding were a HUGE plus for us. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed 17 November 2009

I have stayed solo at Green Rocks Inn on two occasions for multiple nights. I live in the same town as the Inn, and have enjoyed it as a respite just for myself. I can feel my stress begin to drain away as I pull up the drive, and entering the front door, my tensions just melt away. The Innkeepers are charming, and at the same time, they are very aware and skilled in their role of providing a nurturing and healing environment. I enjoy chatting with them but they let me take the lead, so that I can have the quiet time alone that I seek. In the afternoon, I curl up with a book and a pot of tea in one of the many lovely sitting areas on the main floor. I dine at a nearby restaurant, then settle down at the Inn by the fire with a glass of wine, or out on the deck if the weather is fine. Breakfast is lovely and very much like that of the Netherlands or Switzerland: grains and breads, several perfectly fresh fruits, a specialty item fresh cooked on my arrival to table, and, if I am in the mood to sin, delicious butter and cream. The Inn's art and furnishings are very high quality, interesting, and combined with a wonderful attention to detail and mood. I do recommend the Inn to friends and business associates and am looking forward to gifting a stay for each of my adult children and their partners.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
New York
Reviewed 20 July 2008

One of the best experiences we've had at a B&B in the New York area. Green Rocks provided a perfect home base for us while visiting friends in Connecticut. We were attracted to the Inn's green focus and beautiful, clean aesthetic (big on character without the old lace and peeling wallpaper of other B&B's). Kim and Barbara were gracious hosts (as was their adorable miniature schnauser Alice, who caused us no problems despite our usual dog allergies) and provided helpful recommendations for activities in the area. We especially loved the locally produced, organic foods we enjoyed throughout our stay - both at the Inn and via visits to nearby The Hickories Farm and the Ridgefield Farmer's Market. We selected the Dance Suite for a special weekend; it was very spacious, comfortable and elegantly decorated. The suite is essentially two bedrooms connected by a large bathroom, with one bedroom set up as a reading/relaxation room (with a futon, flat screen TV and large selection of DVD's). A great choice for a couple's retreat from the city, or perhaps family/friends wanting adjoining rooms. The Inn is situated on a beautiful wooded lot; breakfast on the deck is delightful. Close to everything there is to enjoy in the area (but you will want to have a car to get around).

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgefield
Ethan Allen Hotel
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
#1 of 12 in Norwalk
Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk

Been to green ROCKS inn? Share your experiences!