“great food and great service”
Review of Thali - CLOSED

Thali
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It has 4 other restaurants in the chain - becoming quite popular
Reviewed 20 October 2012

food was very delicious it was not spicy at all . generally
indian food was spicy but they maintain american taste

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Don't let the fact that this restaurant is located in a Days Inn fool you-this is first rate Indain cuisine! I have eaten at many Indian restaurants, and this is the best I have experienced. The flavors are perfect and the portions generous. Even the rice-which is usually an afterthought-is just the perfect texture with subtle extra flavors. The service is efficient and friendly, and the decor is unique and modern. I will dine here frequently since it is very close to where my mother lives and a nice treat to look forward to on the trip!

Reviewed 11 October 2012

My wife and I stumbled upon this restaurant a few years back when staying at the Days Inn it is located in. Dining at an Indian Restaurant in a Days Inn seemed adventurous, but we are so glad we did it, and have been back several times since, and many other times at their other location in New Haven, that has the same menu.

Food is excellent, among the best Indian Fare I ever had and prices are decent, especially considering that we usually end up taking half of it home and having another delicious meal from that. We particularly enjoy their Chicken Kori Gasi and the Lamb Vindaloo, but I can't remember ever being disappointed by any dish they serve.

The bar, even though it looks nicely stocked is less impressive, their "Indian" cocktails sound nice on the menu, but aren't very tasty.

Last time we went with friends on a Saturday the wait was a bit too long, as it was very full.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

The Thali in New Canaan is much better. This Thali is located in a days inn hotel. Otherwise the food is not bad, but just average for Indian fare.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We have enjoyed their Sun brunch for a couple of years now. Consistentcy, diversified and deftly prepared brunch offerings that don't grow stale, and a warm and accomodating staff/host are their hallmarks. You sense that they are very eager to ensure that you have had a great dining experience. Once you get over the offbeat location, it's Indian cuisine nirvana (no pun intended).