“Love the bar!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It has 4 other restaurants in the chain - becoming quite popular
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I enjoy the restaurant very much. However, having a couple of cocktails and sampling the menu is my favorite thing to do at
Thali's bar. I love the glasses and the decor and admire the chance to people watch all those who enter and exit. The bartenders are very friendly. The food is very good quality!

There are newer reviews for Thali

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Really liked the food here. It's very well prepared, it's fragrant, it's tasty. Good sized portions. The service is very friendly. It was a but too dark at the beginning but later on they turned on an extra light and it was good. The prices I found to be reasonable.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

we had a large party for dinner on a Friday night and they were most accommodating. The menu is classic and the food fresh and well prepared. The ambience is surprisingly modern for a restaurant in a motel location. Wonderful drink menu and appetizers. The chicken Mehti was delicious, moist and combination of spice wonderfully refreshing. Tandoori chicken spicy as is tradition. The aloo Ghobi delicious and enough Naan for a group much larger.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Just to let you know from the onset, I like indian food, don't love it. Last night my husband and I went to Thali for our second visit in about 6 months. Initially I was not too crazy about visiting a restaurant that is inside a Days Inn, but he convinced me that it was good. I was pleasantly surprised with the interior of the restaurant. Nicely decorated, and I might even say a bit funky. The dining room was not too busy, but it was not too dead either. nothing worse than being in a restaurant all alone.

We were seated promptly and looked over the menu. We ordered 2 glasses of red wine, shiraz and pinot noir, and I only mention this that for $8 a glass, this was excellent wine. We both remarked on that immediately. Our server took our order and was helpful with recommendations and very friendly. His name was Alex. I only mention this so that you may request him as a server. Very nice man.

I ordered tandoori chicken and my husband got tikka chicken. This additionally came with delicious rice and naan. Oh, I forgot to mention the addicting crackers they give you befor your meal. Don't start because it is almost impossible to stop eating them. My chicken was delicious, cooked perfectly. My husband was happy with his dish also (I cannot comment because I did not taste). I regretted not being a little more adventurous in my ordering, as I do love spicy food. Next time I will order something with a bit more "kick". Tandoori chicken would be a perfect dish for those wanting to stay away from spices.

The only thing that I guess surprised me was that it was actually a bit pricier than I thought it would be. I am not saying it was any more expensive that other restaurants in the area, but I guess I assumed a restaurant in the Days Inn might be less costly. Not so. You do, however, get a lot of food for you money and it seems like a great place to eat "family style". Cannot wait to return with others to try many dishes and share!

1  Thank jbmissner
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

Right next to the Days Inn, this little gem is a great addition to the hotel..

The ambiance and decor are awesome... Nice quiet classical music, not too dark nor too bright...

Very welcoming people, great service and very knowledgeable..

A little bit expensive but... We're in Ridgefield not in the middle of nowhere!!!

Delicious food... Worth every pennies...

Will come back!!!