“Casual Elegance At It's Finest!”
Review of Toscana - CLOSED

Toscana
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Finally a restaurant that understands and embraces the essence of fine dining and extraordinary service! From the moment you arrive at Toscana you are embark on a true, one-of-a-kind dining experience. Casually elegant, the decor is inviting and intimate with just the right touch of beautiful tuscan design. The wait staff is extremely attentive, very knowledgeable and uber efficient. The appetizers were extraordinary - we inhaled the clamari salad, nantucket scallops and ceasar salad (wrapped in cucumber). Our meals were, for the most part, wonderful. Two in our party ordered off the menu items which were "not a problem" and perfectly prepared. Only one dish, the parchment baked sole was below par as it was bland and lacked any savory flavor or seasoning. Desserts were exquisite - I highly recommend the Creme Brulle or Chocolate Torte which were both to die for.

Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Took my wife here for Valentine's day and could not have made a better choice. The service was perfect, the food was delicious and the wine was excellent. The owner Giovanni treats you like an old friend the first time he meets you. Can't say enough!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Just moved to Ridgefield. Decided to try Toscana, since during the blizzard we are yet to get all of our stuff from our move an d have nothing to cook with! We consider ourselves foodies and Toscana did not disappoint! Family run and owned, from the waiters to the water boys, to the owner, we were made to feel like we were family. The wine was outstanding and all the courses, and even desert were excellent. We are usually not easily impressed but we must say this will be our go-to place when looking to dine in Ridgefield. We could tell that the pastas, meat, and fish are local - (NYC) we are told, and tasted very fresh, even on a Sunday. The pasta with crab and truffle oil, as well as my prime Ribeye was excellent. Service was excellent and we never had to ask for refills. The owner formally owned a top-rated Italian restaurant in Greenwich and the chef who was brought from there delivered. We will certainly be back.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

The new owner Giovanni Rraci has done a remarkable job with this establishment. In addition to a delicious meal, the staff is top shelf. You must give Toscana a try. We did and have returned again and again.

2  Thank Mistermike24
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was skeptical going here again since my first experience here was not so great but I heard that there were new owners so I decided to give it a shot. Wow, what a difference! The new owner is very welcoming and the waiters were very attentive. The food was fantastic! The quality was top notch, the duck was the best I have had anywhere. I have been back again and thoroughly enjoyed my dinner again. A must try!

1  Thank avz156