“Awesome Burger”

Tom-Tom's Restaurant and Bakery
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
CT
“Awesome Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

My husband and I have been on a sort of quest to find the best burger in Ridgefield. Tom-Tom's just about does it, as we discovered on our visit last Saturday night. It is the quality of the meat - melt in your mouth and cooked to perfection. No need for cheese. I got the Tom-Tom's Burger with grilled onions and sautéed mushrooms, with a healthy serving of hearty French fries - not greasy. The service was excellent. Our table had a bit of a wobble to it when we sat down, and it was noticed without our saying a word and remedied immediately. Our waitress was very attentive and pleasant, refreshing our water as needed, and the manager from Spain came over for a quick chat . They put a lot of new love into this place, and it shows - from the outside lighting to the complimentary fresh bagel after dinner for the next day's breakfast. Bravo Tom Tom's! We will return :)

3 Thank CtKatie

Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Best in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I've only dined at the restaurant a few times - but everytime I had a great meal & service. But, I visit the bakery and get take-out often. They are by far my favorite place in town - make that the whole area.

First, the bagels are the best around. No question. But they also bake all their breads & rolls. So that standard bacon, egg & chesse, becomes exceptional on a fresh baked hard roll. Same with the huge selection of sandwiches. They have them all listed on their website. Also, their salads are great! I think they make their own balsamic vinaigrette and its amazing. I'd buy it by the bottle if I could. Their cakes, cookies, and deserts are great, too. They do a chocolate cake with strawberry buttercreme frosting - you can tell they used real strawberries to make that frosting.

It's just a treat to have a place that puts so much value in their product and does so much cooking/baking from scratch. So few places do that, so when you stumble across one that does, it stands out.

I've always found the staff to be exceptionally friendly. There was a period where the salad my wife liked got dropped off the menu. We mentioned what a bummer it was, and they said they'd be happy to make it for us anytime. Just the friendliest people.

Parking hint: Parking in downtown Ridgefield can be tricky. But once you find that back lot where the bakery is, you'll never have a problem finding a spot again.

3 Thank brifos
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

This interesting and cool restaurant is such a pleasure to have on Main Street. So far, I've had the butternut squash lasagna, the haddock, and a burger and they've all been excellent. I haven't yet been here for lunch but there are some pretty interesting looking salads so I plan to try it out.

Our servers have always been very nice. Never had a rude experience here. Service is generally very good.

2 Thank jennifer c
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Lunch at Tom-Tom's was easy and relaxed. The food was nicely prepared and tasty. They got the broccoli right which isn't always easy to do. It was bright green like it should be. The manager/owner was friendly and present making sure folks were satisfied with their food. We get to Ridgefield a few times each year and will definitely return to Tom-Tom's.

1 Thank starlakesummer
Ashdod, Israel
“Had great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great lunch. Sat outside. Food was tasty ..had the shrimp scampi and my friend had a chicken something with veggies. Good coffee and refills. Service was good and we sat and talked for akong time but was never rushed/pushed to hurry up and get up. I would go again

1 Thank tracyngal