“Great place to see a show”

Ridgefield Playhouse
Stratford, Connecticut, USA
3 attraction reviews
“Great place to see a show”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Theater is very small, so it's a great place to see a show. We've seen many shows there -- never disappointed!

Visited September 2013

quito
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Delightful venue”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Where can you go ten minutes from your home to see first rate talent or groups of musicians from your younger years up close and personal? An excellent resource in Ridgefield with a talented administration staff. Watch the web site, you can't go wrong.

Visited August 2013
Milford, Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Expensive - Uncomfortable - Unprofessional”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have attended shows at the Ridgefield Playhouse a number of times, always with reservations.

Shows here are more expensive than any other venue the artist is playing on their tour, so I always check their itinerary before reluctantly purchasing tickets.

For a hall with new comfortable seats, they present a most uncomfortable show as the sound is generally poor. Last night I attended the Lisa Marie Presley show and no matter where I positioned myself in the hall, the sound was distorted and without detail. I don't mind loud, but I don't like white noise.

As as an aside, last night they had security people in the theater that moved around during the show warning people about turning off their cellphones and cameras. I can appreciate the no photo policy, but it was a distraction.

I have attended probably 1,000 shows and the sound at Ridgefield is in the small handful of the worst of them all.

Other from that, the show started late with a throw-away unknown opening act (also with terrible sound) resulting in an 8:00pm show starting more than an hour later. Adding to the delay was a theater board member who came out two separate times to pitch a pole dancing vendor in the lobby and to announce the playhouse sponsors. For the purpose of being politically correct, let's say she was enjoying the evening, maybe actually at the bar in the lobby.

The Ridgefield Playhouse is a venue for attendees with nowhere else to see a show. For that it serves a purpose. Other than that, do what I do: Google the artist's tour and see them elsewhere

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Fred C
Long Island NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Travis Tritt in Concert”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went to see TT in concert, our second time at Ridgefield. A very attractive old movie-house type setting, very comfortable chairs and great views of the stage from most anywhere in the Theater. Snacks and drinks (alcoholic and non) are available and although the restrooms are rather small they are clean and functional. ONLY issue (as noted in other reviews) is the sound system being somewhat sub-par, whether sitting towards the rear (as we did last time) or in the ninth row (this time) for this show the sound was distorted and very unclear, hard to make out the words being sung (and I know most TT songs and the words). Plentiful parking but if your not familiar with the area a little hard to find, especially on this rainy dark night. Other that that, a good time and good place to see a show.

Visited October 2013
Norwalk, Connecticut
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Become a member-you won't regret it!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I have enjoyed going to the Ridgefield Playhouse for years. It is an intimate and comfortable venue offering an impressive cross-section of entertainment. I am impressed with the artists who have performed there. You will be. too. And because the ticket prices are so reasonable, you don't lose much by going to see someone new. My only complaint is that the staff doesn't do much in the way of crowd control. I used to get choice orchestra seats, but now, I buy balcony seats because I have spent a few shows looking at people's backs standing or dancing in front of me rather than the performer.

Visited September 2013