“Disappointing accommodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nyamup
Nyamup Mill Town Holiday Village
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Nyamup area is beautiful and worth visiting, it was lovely seeing the forests and wildlife in the area. The accommodation was disappointing . The cottage (no1) was not very clean, there was a lot of dust and grime. There was only one bathroom with poor water pressure and a shower over the bath which made showering unpleasant. For $200/night it was not worth it and I would not recommend it to friends.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lee G

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I stayed with his family in Cottage 4 over the Labour day long weekend. Cottage 4 was great it had everything we could have possibly needed for 8 adults, 1 child and 1 infant over the weekend. 4x4 tracks weren't far away and there were winery's and great places to see close by.

The only thing I would recommend bringing is an outdoor bug zapper (the midges at night were annoying) and a snack to feed the beautiful kangaroos and emus that come visit every day.

This was our second trip to Nyamup. So we have seen the town in both summer and winter and it was beautiful and relaxing in both seasons. Highly recommend it :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jess B
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed last weekend after a friend recommended Nyamups trails as we are regular mountain bike riders. Certainly no limit to the amount of trails to explore, this place is in the middle of a stack of forest so was really quiet until we got there :) cottage was great, fully restored mill workers cottage, open fire place, polished jarrah floor, hot shower and all the accessories you would expect. Thanks, we'll be back I am sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed recently at Nyamup holiday Village, and I was very pleased. The authentic restored mill house was in beautiful nick, it was clean, homely and rustic! The old mill houses are much bigger on the inside than they appear! We had a house overlooking the valley, so we could witness the little wrens and big roos hoping last at their own pace, from our verandah, wine in hand! There were some old historical sites as well as a creek and swamp to visit on foot. We also borrowed bikes and were provided with a map of all tracks in the area and made a day of cycling cross country style! Besides biking or bird watching, there are other ways to entertain yourself as you are in the rich Forrest region of the south west! I found this place a thoroughly relaxing and peaceful place to unwind from the chaos of the city. I recommend Nyamup Mill town Holiday village, for families or couples alike.

Room Tip: Pick a mill house over the valley and visit pemberton pub for a fresh trout lunch.
Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacqueline A
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We went to Nyamup for a wedding. It was delightful. We weren't expecting much, as we'd been told it was quite basic, but we were very pleasantly surprised! They were quaint and very comfortable. We had the fire going, played board games and laughed. I have to admit, the company was excellent! So that helped :) all in all, a lovely time was had by all!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Erinerceg
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Hi,

Having the family hire out a large proportion of Nyamup for a wedding reception it turned out to be great weekend. The house we stayed in (Cottage 1 or Managers Quarters) was large with heaters ( Although not 5 star with spas and saunas it was great). My brother, friend and I went fishing landing 22 Redfin Perch for the weekend with one monster around 1.5kg although be prepared to loose some lures just bring your own gear as their is none provided it seems. The Huts that all the family stayed in are all under new management and they were great to work with and always willing to help. Phone range is Very Low for Telstra (Don't worry about the other phone company's at all) finding range just up the hill.

Overall a great and enjoyable stay

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Thomas S
pinklady51, Owner at Nyamup Mill Town Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for seeing Nyamup for what it is. It is lovely to get some positive feedback especially when you had booked out most of the town for a wedding and you were not blessed with good weather. In spite of the continuous rain all day and I am sure the bride would have been devastated, it appears that you all had a fun time. I look forward to seeing all the photos as I have only seen some of those in the hall which looked great. Congratulations to the bride and groom, may you have a long, successful and loving life together

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here after purchasing a Scoopon. The place is old, which you would expect, but also in a terrible state of disrepair, there's no tv reception or DVD player, it was boiling hot and... here's the kicker, after a couple of hours, I was walking in the kitchen and FELL THROUGH THE FLOORBOARDS! We rushed to the hospital and I ended up with torn ligaments, a haematoma - which I still have to this day and terrible Freddy Kruger gouges all down my legs, which have now turned into scars. They didn't even offer us a room change! They just went into the kitchen and nailed down a plank of wood over the hole! I was on crutches and wanted to leave the next day, so we did. They didn't offer us a refund, compensation, or even an apology! The caretaker came over to make sure I wasn't going to sue and that was it. I had to take weeks off work and didn't even get a follow up call, even when I emailed them a complaint. Nothing! Absolutely appaulling. Even if it hadn't been for that happening, the place is lousy, there's nothing to do, it's hot, clammy, boring and isolated. You'd be better off burning your money than wasting it down there!

Room Tip: Sleep on the dirt road outside, it would be cooler and more comfortable
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zoe M

There are 26 houses in Nyamup all of them privately owned. As in life some houses are well maintained others are not, some owners are very caring and love their cottage, others don't as is the case here and of course nobody can predict where white ants are until we see them or come across their damage. I find it very sad that anybody can get on this site and say just what they like without any responsibility taken at all. In this case there is some responsibility to be taken by the writer as we know the other side of the story and are not prepared to put this out there for everyone to see. Nyamup is a beautiful peaceful old worlde town and if you can't hack the fact that you have to light a fire, bring your own linen and food, go for lovely walks, live without TV or radio but can watch DVD's or listen to music then this is not the spot for you. Some of these comments are way out of line and I welcome the opportunity as an owner to have my say.

Been to Nyamup Mill Town Holiday Village? Share your experiences!