“Very comfortable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rocky Hill
Cary, North Carolina
“Very comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days for a work related training. Very convenient location about 23 miles from airport and right off the interstate. Lots of nearby restaurants. Club level was excellent. Quiet area and very comfy bed and pillows. Nice shower head and toiletries. Very clean facilities. Good breakfast selection. Club room was comfy and had nice computer and printer. Complementary newspapers. Attentive and friendly staff. Loved the fitness center. Weight room, dumbbells, flex balls, mats and cardio machines as well as shallow pool and hot tub. Towels are available there as well. A couple of computer stations in lobby area but printers weren't working. Staff immediately attempted to fix it. Nice restaurant and bar. Easy and free parking. Excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Cindy,

Thank you for the review. We are thrilled that you had such a great stay at Sheraton Hartford South.

We look forward to your next visit to the Hartford Area

Sheraton Hartford South

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

It was a pleasure staying here with my family! As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the most pleasant staff. The quickest check-in ever! The nice young lady that checked us in (I believe it was Mia, I'm horrible with names) was the nicest person to deal with, she gets an A+! The rooms were extremely clean, the kids loved the pool.. I can't complain about anything, we will definitely stay here again!! The kids loved it! A wonderful experience!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Veronica,

Thank you for taking the time to review ou Hotel. Its always a pleasure that our guests enjoy the property during their stays. Evenmore when its shared on Social Media.

We hope to see you and your family if your travels brings you back to the Rocky Hill area

East Greenwich, RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for a Youth Bowling event and everything about this hotel was very good! The beds are very comfortable, the overall grounds of the hotel are well kept. I used the restaurant for a take out sandwich and the service was fine. The lounge area is bright and airy. Didn't use the pool but many of the kids in our group had a great time. The only thing that could make this hotel a little better would be interactive choices in your room. There were no in-room movies. They do provide Internet access at an additional fee which we used with no problems. The staff could have been a bit more friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Dondo,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

We will investigate more in depth friendliness of our staff, so we can offer a high level of friendliness from our ambassadors at front desk

SHS
New York City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Rooms were new and nice as described herein. I stayed on a Coke promotion, and the hotel did not have the promotion materials. They were going to send it to me in a couple of days, but weeks later, nothing. Also, incorrectly charged for internet; called the hotel twice and left messages - no reply. Staying in a hotel should not be this hard. Finally, I specifically picked the club floor because I was told that there were no dogs allowed on that floor, but sure enough, there were dogs allowed on the floor.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fontaine
Dear Gerald,

We apologize that at the time of your reservation we ran out of the COKE promo items. This was national shortage that affected several properties .This past week we started to recieve the materials. We sent our first bacth of back order items on Friday

You should be getting your in the next few days.

Once again my apologies,

Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Sheraton recently acquired the facility from Marriott. They gave it an entire face lift. It is clean and The staff to say the least was not very polite to say the least. At 4:35 P.M. one day my room had still not been made up. I informed the front desk and was told housekeeping would be there until 6:00 P.M. The reply bordered on being rude. House cleaning did not clean the coffee pot out or the maker even when the pot was left at the sink. While I may have to go back there it will not be by choice. I expected more from a hotel of this quality.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments about guest service agent. We will investigate this further, as I would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know.

West Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I just checked out of this hotel yesterday. I was there for an event. Although I found the hotel to be nice, clean and the beds comfortable I do have to warn about "holds" put on cards. I was told upon check-in that because I used a debit card, there would be an extra $100 hold to which I agreed and had no problem with. When I logged into my bank this morning, I see they put a $300+ hold on the account PLUS another $199+ hold. I did not agree to this amount nor was I informed about the excessive hold amount. Although the staff is friendly in email conversations about this hold, I won't be able to get it released for about a week or so. So, buyer beware and budget for an extra $300-$400 on your account (debit or credit) when staying at Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy D
Dear Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments about Debit Card authorization. we will be working to ensure this information is provide in a more clear fashion going forward.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.

Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

It keeps happening at hotels lately. They fill up because they schedule an affair or event. This one was the Statewide convention for the American Legion. You were filled for the weekend of 7.12 to 7.14. We stayed on the club floor as SPG members (they have a nice club room with nice staff in it and very nice food service for breakfast-take advantage of it if you are an SPG member).
We arrived Friday evening and wanted to simply eat in the restaurant in house. There were people milling around all over because of the convention-fine with us...we just wanted to eat dinner. Problem arises when you book out your hotel and you leave ONE guy running the bar and playing waiter to the restaurant on a Friday evening. This poor guy did everything he could to take care of people and was running from one end to another...poor guy was sweating trying to wait on everyone. You let him down...you failed to bring in enough people knowing you had all these guests. That is a major management failure not his and we knew it. Unfortunately when you have that situation and he drops the bowl of clam chowder ($9.00) and has to run off as quick as he has been and I take my first spoon and its ICE COLD...it took 10 minutes before he was close enough to say "you need to heat this"...for him to come back and say "your dinner is cooked and ready what do you want me to do?"...
The rooms are very nicely updated. The lobby is clean, inviting and open. The staff seemed to be well trained on "guest" service. The problem is...you failed to plan...you might not have planned to fail...but your failure to plan on staffing knowing your guest count left us unfortunately very stuck on our impression here.
Worst part...after all that at dinner...he didn't even offer to take the cost of the soup off the bill! I wish you luck with your re-do but you need to spend time on management training for having enough staff on hand if you are going to continue to host conventions etc so that your non-convention guests are still taken care of.

Room Tip: SPG club floor is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences. The restaurant service troubles you encountered during your stay are not typical, and I regret that you were unable to fully enjoy our food and service. Your comments help us to prevent similar events from re-occurring.

Again, thank you for your time and comments and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocky Hill
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,038 reviews
Inn at Middletown
Inn at Middletown
#1 of 3 in Middletown

Been to Sheraton Hartford South Hotel? Share your experiences!