“Great location, good value overall a safe choice”

Sheraton Hartford South Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rocky Hill
Epping, NH
“Great location, good value overall a safe choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night on business. This property used to be a marriott but has since converted to spg. Beds were comfortable, food options were good. They have a nice pool and fitness area. The hotel is located in a business park so night time will be quiet. The only noticeable detractors were room service trays left in hallways, I walked past around 5 of them and they were from breakfast. The other point was service of the front staff. It was not as hospitable as you might expect but it wasn't "ugh, what do you want" either. Maybe it was a bad day. I will definitely be back when in Rocky Hill again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jfalkingham
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear J Fakilham ,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We recently have undergone an extensive renovation and we are glad to see that our efforts were worth it.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

SHS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Milford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I really wanted to give this place all five stars, I really did. But I just couldn't, because of one glaring, major flaw. But first, all the good stuff. I don't think I've ever been to a hotel where every single person on staff said "Hello" to me, like they all did at this hotel. I mean it, every person I came across. The staff is extremely friendly, accommodating and helpful. I had to check in late, that was fine. I requested a late check-out, that was fine, too. They really took care of my needs and did it with a very pleasant demeanor. As for the room, it was first-rate. The king size bed was so comfortable, I could have spent all day just enjoying it, laying there and watching television. Because of my busy schedule over the weekend, late nights and early mornings, I didn't get to spend much time actually enjoying the great sleep I'm sure I would have gotten. The room was also decorated very well and was extremely clean. Bathroom was also very clean and well maintained. Like I said, I could have stayed in the room the entire time and been very comfortable. Also great was the indoor pool, which I used early one morning for a swim. The fitness center looked good, as well, though I didn't actually use it. The one thing that I did use, and it's the one reason I just can't give five stars, was the room service. It was so bad, I had to mention it to the front desk guys when I checked out (they were very nice about it). I got lunch one day with my best friend's daughter, who was staying with me while her mom was at work. The pizza she got was so awful, the six year old who usually likes pizza wouldn't eat more than a bite or two. I tried it and could easily see why. The crust was dry, tough and leathery, with lots of sauce and terrible cheese. Also, the menu said "three slices," and the portion we got was enormous, way too much for a kid. Speaking of portion size, the "bread pudding" was even worse. We got two enormous bricks of dried out, tasteless, burnt bread. And it was enough to feed four people, at least, something else the menu didn't mention. There was also a 20% service charge added to the bill, so definitely watch out for that! The food certainly was not worth the $55.00 the bill ended up being (no offer was made from the front desk guys to reduce the bill, which I didn't say anything about at the time). For a hotel that has such high standards and does such an exemplary job at everything else, they really need to bring the quality of the food up to the quality of the rest of their establishment.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments

New Haven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed one night in this Sheraton after a day at an event in the area. Upon arrival it looks like many (chain) hotels close to Highways, but upon entering your perception changes. A nice bright, clean and welcoming lounge with bar area visible, and several computers ready for use. The check-in counter is somewhat hidden on the left. Staff was very helpful and friendly and the rooms fresh looking, clean and everything works. Extra amenities in the bathroom such as shaving cream were a pleasant surprise and you generally don't find these in Sheratons. We did not use any of the facilities such as the restaurant (nice menu), fitness center or pool but everything looked well maintained and inviting. Bed was great, somehow more comfortable feeling than other Sheratons but that may be due to the overall feeling the rooms provided. Overall, it was much better than we expected. We know the Sheratons, this one definitely stands out. Great place for one night or a family stay for sight seeing in the area, and of course conferences, nice facilities for relaxing after work.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Doublebooked,

We take these reviews very seriuosly so we can keep offering an excellent experience.

NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I had previously stayed here a few times when this hotel used to be a Marriott, and now it has changed hands and is a Sheraton. What I like about the hotel is the following:

Plenty of free parking
Internet Stations to use in the lobby
A nice pool and whirlpool area

Hotel is rather expansive and I find there isn't a ton to do right in the area, but that does lend itself to the feeling of seclusion. I would have no problem staying here again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank boddicker52
Dear Boddicker,

Thank you for the review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our Pool, Sheraton Link, and we look forward to your next visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I used Priceline to find a hotel last minute in the Rocky Hill area and ended up with a reservation at this 4-floor Sheraton. There was a conference going on when we were there and it was obvious that this property is great for meetings (it's right off the highway, has a private open parking lot and a great lobby area). Not being part of the conference, we were not made to feel out of place or as if we didn't belong- we were greeted promptly at the counter and had no problems checking in or out. We only stayed one night and it was very comfortable and pleasant. We only had to adjust the temperature a little because when we first checked in the room felt a little muggy (it was also humid outside). The Sheraton offers a lot of little extras in the room (like a disposable loofa, nail file kit, shower cap, etc) which were a nice touch. My only wish would have been that there was more for lighting- the one shoulder-height lamp by the window along with the 2 lamps next to the bed did not quite light up the room but it was very clean and well maintained. As we were checking out we noticed a guest with a dog, so it must be pet friendly as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marlsak
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Marisa K,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive feedback - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days for a work related training. Very convenient location about 23 miles from airport and right off the interstate. Lots of nearby restaurants. Club level was excellent. Quiet area and very comfy bed and pillows. Nice shower head and toiletries. Very clean facilities. Good breakfast selection. Club room was comfy and had nice computer and printer. Complementary newspapers. Attentive and friendly staff. Loved the fitness center. Weight room, dumbbells, flex balls, mats and cardio machines as well as shallow pool and hot tub. Towels are available there as well. A couple of computer stations in lobby area but printers weren't working. Staff immediately attempted to fix it. Nice restaurant and bar. Easy and free parking. Excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager3806, Manager at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Cindy,

Thank you for the review. We are thrilled that you had such a great stay at Sheraton Hartford South.

We look forward to your next visit to the Hartford Area

Sheraton Hartford South
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

It was a pleasure staying here with my family! As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the most pleasant staff. The quickest check-in ever! The nice young lady that checked us in (I believe it was Mia, I'm horrible with names) was the nicest person to deal with, she gets an A+! The rooms were extremely clean, the kids loved the pool.. I can't complain about anything, we will definitely stay here again!! The kids loved it! A wonderful experience!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was very quiet.