Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
US$171
US$153
  • Pool
US$171
Super 8 Hartford South - Rocky Hill(Rocky Hill)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$63
US$60
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfastmr patelan overnight staygreat valuepleasant stayexcellent placeironing boardbooked this hoteloff the highwaysmoking roompetermotelfridgectcerealrequirements
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My family and I stayed in Howard Johnson Rocky Hill during first week of August 2010 for about 5 days. It was a positive experience for us. I was new to States then. Its a good budget hotel with good service. My daughter was one year old when we stayed there. Hotel Manager Peter Patel offered us voluntarily the baby crib. He helped us to book taxi twice and supported us with answers regarding the town. I wanted to write review about my experience long before, but I was busy and forgot. Now I that I have traveled to quite few towns and stayed in other hotels, I really think Howard Johnson is good value for money. It was clean and the front desk was always there to help. The old man who comes to clean the room was little annoying. He usually knocks the door so loud which we did not like. Cleaning was done daily and towels replaced. There is no kitchen here except microwave. Breakfast was free and it was okay. The location of the hotel is very good. Its just on city Highway and there is no security issues. The location is lively most of the time. Its very close to Hartford and there are shops near by (Aldi, Gas station). There is a local bus stop just opposite to the Hotel which will take you to Hartford downtown. Overall our experience was very good and positive.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This is very nice, family-run business that offers clean, renovated rooms at very good prices. The hotel was probably built in the 80's, but Peter and his family have worked very hard to renovate, update, and maintain the property. It is located very close to I91, so it's location is superb for travelers. It's a short drive to Old Wethersfield and the Rocky Hill Ferry, both of which have lots of historic charm. There are also many good restaurant option in the vicinity.
Folks, if you get a clean, modern room and friendly service for under $85/night, you're doing very well. Be sure to speak to Peter, the proprietor; he's very welcoming and enjoys meeting the guests. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: ask for the best rate
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I was very pleased with this property. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. For an older property, the Howard Johnson's Express in Rocky Hill, CT didn't have that 'older motel' feel to it. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. The free breakfast, thought limited, was fresh and tasty.

I would definitely recommend this property to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I had made a reservation about a week ago as a stop on my way to northern New England. On June 16th, when I pulled into the parking lot I wasn't sure this place was even open. There was 1 car in front, and none on the side. The place does look run down. There was no one at the desk, but the small lobby,/breakfast room appeared clean. Upon ringing the desk bell a quiet young lady checked me in. I was assigned a King room on the 2nd floor. No elevator, and the outside stairway was dark, and paint worn off the steps...the same for the walk to the room midway down the way. When I opened the door, the room was fine, although dark.
The furnishings for the most part appeared fairly new as well as a 32" RCA LCD TV, refrigerator, microwave was clean inside, but looked older. My feet didn't turn black from the carpet....which was a plus!! The sink and fixtures appeared new, and there was new wall paper throughout. The A/C was mounted high over the sink, and wasn't too loud at all. The bath tub was old, and the bottom surface was on the black/stained side. The commode seemed new. The safe was closed, and locked. Everything was pretty clean.
The pillow top bed, and blanket seemed a little older, but was comfortable...pillows were a little on the lumpy side, but fine. The bedspread was clean. The clock radio, although a new, small, "Sunbeam" model was MP 3 ready, but the sound was lacking. The breakfast was okay, with the regular fare....and 1/2 and 1/2 creamers, rather than the powdered stuff...a nice touch, for this class of hotel.
It was pretty quiet, and there were quite a few cars in the lot in the morning.
The free internet was fairly fast, and reliable.
Don't be afraid to stay here.....it was fine inside.....don't judge a book by it's cover.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Very accomodating staff. Clean rooms. Safe and convenient. Liked having refrigerator and microwave. Decent free breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business