“Good Value Rocky Hill motel”

Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Rocky Hill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

In January I had to make an emergency escape from a domestic violence situation the place that I was wanting to was not going to be ready yet I need some place to go for a couple of nights someplace I could afford someplace I could be safe Howard Johnsons who is perfect the rooms were clean staff was amazing they would check in on me to make sure I was alright and had everything I needed they knew the situation it was arranged for me by an organization who helps people especially women and my kind of situation. I was told by the woman who found me the room there that it was the only local Hotel or Inn.... That was willing to except people with my kind of problem, victim of domestic violence incident, they kept it very private I'm very in on a mess I felt safe I felt well cared for and I am forever grateful to the owner the staff and the organization that helped me..... There shouldn't be much more than a 5 star rating. There should be a five heart rating! ♡♡♡♡♡

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Deirdre C
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Well run, well maintained, older but refurbished motel. It's probably the least expensive hotel in the area. This is my third stay here, and it has become the family's go-to place when we travel to visit in Glastonbury. My sister used it as a base of operations last summer when she and her husband were sightseeing in CT, RI, and Mass. Some nice amenities that you would not expect for the price: refrigerator, microwave, iron, hairdryer, and a good breakfast bar. As a single woman, I feel safe here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed at this great inn while looking for an apartment in the Hartford Area, CT. Clean rooms and a helpful manager are the selling points! Also conveniently located just off the freeway next to a great Indian restaurant among others. Definitely would recommend this inn to anyone looking for a reasonable and safe place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Recently stayed for 6 nights over the Christmas holiday. The exterior of the hotel has been updated since the time I lived in the area and it looked great. The rooms have been remodeled but the bathroom and vanity areas got only minimal changes, if any. Sleeping area was clean and comfortable. Lost an earring early in our stay and the housekeeper found it and placed on the vanity. Happy to know that there are still honest people out there. Quiet area at night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Comfort Inn Wethersfield - Hartford
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill? Share your experiences!