Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Campbellsville, Kentucky
“average stay”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Nothing special about this one. I use a lot of extended stay hotels and this was not much different.
It is a smoke free hotel so all rooms are non-smoking. It was clean enough, functional, and I got weekly service as promised. I fax weekly reports from the hotel and they insisted on charging a dollar per page to fax. they would not charge to room because it was direct billed and room charges(ppv movies, long distance phone charges,) were not allowed. I had to pay out of pocket.
Overall not a bad experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mark h
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Mark - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear a good feedback about the cleanliness of our hotel rooms. As well, it is great to know that we were able to assist you with faxing documents; however, I apologize if our payment method was not ideal.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Recently renovated, the hotel room we stayed in looked brand new. New paint, new furniture, awesome TV, full mini-kitchen. The front desk lady (Paolo) was very nice and we received a free bag of popcorn to use in our room that night. The kids loved it. The grab-n-go breakfast was perfect. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in the area. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try for a room not facing the highway. Even the rooms facing the highway are very quiet though.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the amenities that we have provided, like the grab and go breakfast. I am glad your kids enjoyed the popcorn, too! Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Devon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Never stay here again - was told customers with dogs would be on first floor - we were on third - dogs on third floor - noisy and was a smell in hallways. Light burned out in our bathroom late afternoon and was told there was nothing they could do until the morning - could not fix it - told them that was unacceptable and was told we could move or they would put a land in the bathroom. Took a shower at 4 am - no hot water - waste of our money!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you had problems during your stay, particularly with the hot water and light in your bathroom. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and our maintenance staff is working to correct these issues as soon as possible. As well, our policy is for guests with pets to stay on the first floor, we are sorry if this was not followed during your stay. With that in mind, I am working with our entire staff to ensure that it is enforced moving forward. a

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at shl@extendedstay.com, or 203-926-6868. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The staff was exceptional, most welcoming and friendly. Around the clock staff as well. A late night check in, arriving tired from a late night flight, went so smoothly and efficiently.
The room was clean, comfortable beds. Recently painted and remodeled.
I highly recommend this hotel. Great value, great accomodation!

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay at our hotel. I am glad that our staff provided you with excellent service and that you enjoyed the level of cleanliness in your room.

Cornwall, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I spent 2 nights here 7/27-28/13 and was quite impressed with the room, especially for such a great rate. The room was huge, with a full kitchen and was spotless. The staff were also very accommodating. It's only two quick turns off the highway and is now my lodging of choice whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Chris - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you were impressed with our hotel and with the services that we offer. Our guests love our full kitchen, and I am happy that you enjoyed that as well.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again in your next visit.
Montgomery, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at Extended Stay America for 2 days to visit a friend and though short, my experience was awesome - in comparison to my experience staying at higher-priced, 4-5 star hotels.

Service = awesome! The check-in was very quick and all the staff were accommodating. Also, the staff I met at the lobby or passed by the hallway on my way to my room (2nd floor) were polite and friendly. The rooms were spacious, dust-free, clean and odor-free. A few minutes checking out the room, I got a call from front desk asking if I am satisfied with the room and if I need anything like extra toiletries or the like! I ended up asking for the free wifi code and she gave it to me without hesitation and other questions!

Wifi = fast, free and easy to connect to! I was watching youtube, listening to pandora and writing some papers and the connection never failed!

They provide free kitchenwares (utensils, plates, pans, cups), free coffee, a huge fridge and a small counter! It was such a good deal!

It is close to a few universities, parks, public transportation and has a spacious parking area if you are driving. The location is also really safe, no construction or major roadways that has annoying traffic noise during the night - yep, I slept like a baby (oh, the pillows and sheets were clean and bed was nice and comfy!)! I will definitely go stay again if I am around town!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our top notch service and with all the amenities that we offer. Like what you said, our hotel offers the best value for the price that we offer.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I handle travel arrangements for numerous physicians who work all over the country doing locum tenens shifts. I have connections through groups and hospitals and work with a great number of people in the hospitality business... NONE of them compare to the outstanding service and accomodations we receive through Extended Stay, Shelton. Katrina Corcino, the general manager, has, on a number of occassions, saved the day for us at KPS Physician Staffing. Our doctors always are treated with great respect, rooms are clean and modern. 5 stars is not enough.
Thanks guys!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you, for posting a wonderful review of your experience at our hotel and with the staff. We are always here for you, ready to assist you in everything you need.

We always make sure that all our guests are happy and completely satisfied with their stay, and I am glad that the doctors you have sent here had the same experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County? Share your experiences!