“The hotel staff was great!”

Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Our room was quiet, and very clean. The outside of the property is nice, but the rooms were great. The interior has been freshly remodeled. We will definitely be repeat guests.

I think the location was terrific and easy to access. It is a great spot to enjoy walks, with many convenient amenities a quick drive...north, south, east or west.

The Marriott family of hotels is really excellent. We always prefer the residence inn because of the mini apartment feel. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear JeffM

Thank you for your great review, so glad that you enjoyed staying with us. The housekeeping department really try and do a great job and that you appreciated all their hard work. We look forward to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was very comfortable and accommodating. Loved having all the amenities of a kitchen. The room is starting to show signs of age but nothing a little TLC couldn't take care of. Their was a cracked tile at the entrance way, and scuff marks on the walls that a little touch up paint could cure. The front entrance walk to each room needed some paint as well. The very nice maintenance man was working on that the week we stayed. The toilet did need some attention because it was running. I didn't want to bother with someone coming to fix it while we were there. We just shut the bathroom door. However, I did tell them so the next guest wouldn't have to hear that all night.
We were lucky the day we were leaving someone checked in upstairs with little pitter patter feet running across the room all morning. We could hear every step and were grateful to be checking out that day. The property at night is so peaceful and quiet but during the day it's noisy, landscapers and staff talking outside our door. It was upsetting because they were so loud that they woke us up! Baja Volume!
We did ask for extra pillows when we first arrived and they never came. We had to pick them up later late at night after returning to our room. Our check-in with Chase was wonderful but our first request was not fulfilled by housekeeping. The bed is extremely comfortable but it was a little bit small.
We absolutely loved sitting by the fire pit a few nights while we were there. I would suggest the hotel staff pull in the cushions when it rains so when the guests do use the area they don't get a wet bottom like I did. ;)
Thank you for doing your best with keeping up with your hotel. I will definitely consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Second floor is recommended if you don't mind climbing a flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear 0219cat

What a fabulous detailed review of the hotel. Thank you so much for capturing all of the wonderful amenities that we provided here at the Residence Inn, Shelton CT. Our painting project is underway after the amazing amounts of snow we had here in the first few months of the year. We are happy to say we are so busy that it is hard to get to all the rooms and get the work done. Our guests have been patient with us and allowed us acccess to make sure the hotel is getting all the attention it deserves. All of your observations and suggestions have been duly noted and we really appreciate you taking the time to help us make the property even more of a success.

We look forward to hosting you again in the Shelton area soon!!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We needed to staynoutnof our house for a night and this was the perfect place. Kids loved the outdoor pool, room was very clean and spacious and breakfast was abundant. We could have stayed another night!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear liketravelID

Thank you so much for your review on our hotel. The pool is a great amenity during the summer months and so glad the kids were able to take advantage of it. The hotel is the perfect place for families and we loved having you here.

Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

took 3 rooms for the weekend for us and 2 more couples. each with 2 kids. loved the place and would come back for another weekend some time soon. the only down side is the pool and that they don't sell alcohol on weekends. the water in the pool is very very dirty. I hope the filter was just not working properly and will be in better shape at my next stay. Chad

• Stayed: June 2013
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Chadpusa

Thank you for the great review and so glad you were able to enjoy our pool. It does get quite busy on the weekends as we are the only hotel in the area with an outdoor pool. Our filters are working great and our staff are working overtime to accommodate all of the people that love to stay with us on the weekend. Unfortunately we do not sell alcohol at the property and guests are not permitted to drink at the swimming pool area. Mid-week if you have the opportunity to visit us again we do offer a complimentary social reception that includes beer and wine, Mon-Wed from 6pm-7.30pm.

We look forward to hosting you in the Shelton area again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This stay was part of a two week business trip to Shelton. The room itself smelled from the cooking of a previous guest ... request for housekeeping to spray some air freshener went unheeded ... several spiders ... asked they spray and couldn't tell if they did or not as there were still spiders ... food (in particular the potatoes and sausage) wasn't properly cooked ... bed was old and sagged ... some of the linens had seen better days ... they charged my credit card mid stay (which meant I was a week behind in getting my money back via expense statement before my credit card bill showed up) ... biggest problem was the noise (from those on the 2nd floor walking to using the bathroom, you can hear it downstairs) ... GM blew me off when I mentioned the noise at checkout

Room Tip: 2nd floor is going to be quieter, but then you have to carry your luggage up two flights of stairs
1  Thank Mike C

Dear Mr. Chambers

Thank you so much for you review of our property. Please let me the first to apologize for the issues experienced during your stay with us. Unfortunately I was out of the office last week and I can see from our records that you checked out of the hotel on Saturday June 29th. Therefore I missed the opportunity to speak with you in person and resolve some of the issues you outlined below.

If you could call me and I can walk you through our billing process, in addition, discuss your concerns regarding the quality of food and the spiders that would be great. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I am a platinum club member, and the expectation should be high for all Marriott properties..Great check in/ out. However, no kitchen cutting knoves nor cutting board, luckily I had my own. Bathroom sink is cracked along with several tiles on the bathroom floor, should be an easy fix... Dinner was hamburgs, finely cooked well done,overcooked , the edges were inedible... I know its a perk , but its not hard to cook meat to be held in a chafer....

Room Tip: older property, take a 2nd floor room as I had a 5am wake call and pacing at 5 am from upstairs
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear pierogyman

Thank you for your review and your feedback and we really do appreciate being given the opportunity to continually improve on our services. All of our departments have been copied on this review and we intend to use this as a training tool for our associates. We certainly achieve to provide outstanding customer service and provide excellent amenities in all guest rooms. We hope that you will visit with us again and allow us to wow you with our guest service. Please let me know when you will be traveling through the area in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was a business trip that I brought my family on. The property was adequate, but there was an event that stained my picture of this stay. Shortly after arriving and unpacking, I came down the staircase and felt a sharp pain in my leg. The cause was a sharp piece of metal protruding from the carpet on the staircase that gashed my leg. I called the front desk and was immediately put on hold for nearly 5 minutes even after explaining that I had just had my leg cut open. After explaining the situation to the woman at the front desk, she put me on hold and tried to reach maintenance. When she came back on the phone she informed me that maintenance would not be available to look at the problem until the following day and that I was welcome to change rooms. Keep in mind that this is now nearly 9PM and I have 4 kids under 11 going to bed AND it was pouring rain. At no time did I get an apology for the inconvenience or ANY concern that I was injured. Frankly, this was the worst possible response I could have imagined to an event like this. I ended up tearing the staple out of the carpet myself to keep my kids from getting hurt. The response was the issue here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
JALPSSheltonCT, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear Ed

Thank you so much for posting this review and bringing this unfortunate incident to our attention. At you convenience could you please contact me directly to discuss. We do have policies and procedures that should have been followed and I would like to speak with you at your earliest convenience.

Jillian Alps

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Bridgeport
#1 of 1 in Bridgeport
The Circle Hotel Fairfield

Been to Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County? Share your experiences!