Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Courtyard Shelton(Shelton)
  • Pool
Residence Inn Milford(Milford)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsfull kitchenbasketball courtfront deskthe penthouseoutdoor poolsink areamake your own waffleshome away from homethe hotel staffgreat stafflittle thingsyogurtroom was spaciouscomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationextended stayenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was on assignment in CT for 3 months and stayed at the Residence Inn in Shelton. I've stayed at Marriotts across the country and this was one of the better ones from an all around experience. Clean rooms, great meals, friendly staff, and many of the ammenties of home. If you want an extra order of dessert just ask Gloria in food service, she was a real sweetheart.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear bob l,
The Residence Inn shelton was your "home away from home." Our goal is to make sure you have everything you need while you are on the road. I am happy to hear Gloria took care of you, nothing makes the end of the day better than to have extra dessert! Take care and we hope to see you again in shelton!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My family (and cat) stayed here for 90 days upon transfer to the area and we cannot say enough good things about the staff and the room. Everyone was sooo pleasant and helpful, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Had a couple of minor problems pop up in the room, but all were taken care of in literally minutes. I recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Shelton, CT area. The manager (Lisa) went out of her way to make us feel at home, and that is exactly how we felt....at HOME! Thank-you Residence Inn!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words! I am happy to hear my team took great care of you! Lisa is wonderful and she prides herself in making sure our guest are well taking care of! Pets are part of the family and we are happy to accommodate our furry friends! Thank you again and we hope you stop by and say hi soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Having stayed at a Residence Inn in the past, I had high hopes for this property as well. Given the layout and amenities of the facility (full kitchen, living room, spacious,etc.), those expectations were justified. Unfortunately, the expectations were too high, particularly when it came to the amenities.

One immediate shortfall noticed is the limited parking availability. That's especially problematic if there are long-term construction worker residents and their big trucks taking up multiple parking spaces (as was the case while I was there). Once inside my room, I was greeted by a noisy exhaust fan in the bathroom. Running water in the bathroom faucet seemed to be at a trickle and taking forever to get warm. I also noticed each day that the soap seems to melt and had to be replaced. While I was not feeling my best, I had a difficult time getting a good night's sleep on the lumpy bed. For my morning shower, I noticed that the shampoo/conditioner left my hair not feeling smooth and silky but stiff and oily. Finally, breakfast were included with the room and consisted of the standard fare (scrambled eggs, sausages, yogurt, fruit, juice, waffles -- when you have time to make them), but I got tired of that essentially the same menu after a couple of days. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of alternatives for food in the area, other than grocery stores. Hence, unless you're planning on using the room as it's really designed for - a residence, you may be disappointed as well.

Room Tip: If you are a busy business traveler on a short-term stay, this facility and amenities may not be exactly what you need. If you are a visiting family, planning to stay longer-term, and have the time to prepare your own meals, this facility may suit your needs fine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Robert S,
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with some of our amenities. Residence Inn by Marriott is designed for travelers who want a "home away from home" experience. Our spacious suites and full kitchens allow our guests to feel comfortable and relaxed and have all the amenities they would have at home. We hope you will give us another try. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The staff is what makes this hotel feel like "home away from home". The units are big and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast is fantastic and on Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesday there is a nice supper included! They also take pets (for a one-time additional fee) which was great for us! Great for short or long-term stays!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Susieb111,
Thank you for staying with us. My staff and I understand how hard it is sometimes being away from home for so long so we do whatever we can to help our guest feel comfortable and revived during their stay. I am happy to hear we did just that! We look forward to your stay with us the next time you're in town!
Dawn Gasper

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We arrived to the hotel expecting nothing but a confortable bed to sleep and regain strenght after a long day.
But when we got there, the room was really big. With a full brand new kitchen, all the furniture was new and very good quality. The shower was very good as well.

There were plenty of things, both hot and cold, for breakfast. With fresh fruits, yoghurt, selection of bakery...
I've read a couple fo bad reviews for this place. So I don't know if we were lucky, but based on my own experience I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dawn G, Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Hernan S,
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott- Shelton, CT. Thank you for your kind words and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay very much! We look forward to accomodating you the next time you're in Shelton, CT!
Dawn Gasper