“Great place to stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Shelton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff is great at this hotel. They go out of their way to be helpful. Breakfast is just fabulous... fresh fruit, good scrambled eggs and cooked to order eggs. the underground parking is so helpful when the weather is bad. The queen beds are a little soft, but still offer a good nights sleep.

1  Thank 908bonniem
SheltonHGIManager, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thanks for the great comments! We love our team at breakfast! John and Cathy have been here for years and do an outstanding job! I appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you with us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Shelton

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is lovely. It was quiet, confortable and in a country style settting. Be sure to visit with the morning breakfast attenant who is efficient and good with conversation. other than ho hum check in and out and a sticky bathroom floor, it was a great overnight business stay!

1  Thank Christine G

Thanks so much for your review here on Trip Advisor! Rest assured our wait staff at breakfast is the most consistent team we have! The servers you are referring to have been here for years and take very good care of our guests!
I appreciate your feedback to on a ho hum check in and check out- not that it is always exciting, but I feel we should be doing a little better and I want you to know I will address that.

Thanks for your comments and for staying with us! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I chose this hotel because it was a Hilton, had never stayed at a Hilton Garden inn, and because it was convenient to the area I would be visiting. The lobby was beautiful, check-in was quick, and the room was very nice. The bathroom was big - with two sinks! The beds, in my opinion, were horrible. There was a dial that could change the firmness, but I just sunk right in - like a bad Tempur-pedic, and repositioning was a mess. Just not my type of bed at all. The breakfast seemed expensive for what was offered, so we went down the street for breakfast. Overall I was pleased with the stay, but I think the beds will keep me away in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie P

Thank you for letting us know about your experience here at my hotel. I am sorry you didn't enjooy the GSS Beds. You can create your own type of firmness, make them very firm or very soft, but the adjustment takes about ten minutes as air fills or deflates. So many people have so many different needs for when they sleep and we offer these beds in every Hilton Garden Inn! Thanks for letting me know your thoughts, I will be sure to check on the beds in the room you stayed in to ensure they are up to par and working properly!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a premium place to stay. Not only is it one of the cleanest, best maintained hotels I've ever stayed in, but it is run the best of any I've stayed in in the past 15 years or so. Kind of a destination hotel, nothing close by...except a beautiful wedding venue!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gail L

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor! Thanks for recognizing how clean our hotel is. We pride ourselves on the fact that our rating with Hilton for cleanliness averages 99%! I can assure you we do our utmost to maintain 100%! Thanks for staying with us, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Loved the lobby with the dining area, bar and place to chill with your laptop. Excellent idea to have a "conference" table in the lobby area. Our room was well appointed with a microwave, keurig and fridge. Everything was clean. The only downside was the hard beds. I understand you can upgrade to a king room with a bed that you can choose the firmness.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine M

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor! So glad to know you had a great experience. It certainly was nice to read your compliments regarding my hotel!
Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

stayed here for my sons wedding and its not a bad hotel except the beds were a little uncomfortable for the person I came with and we had to pay 11.95 for breakfast.called to front desk for towels for pool area and no one brought them out.bar area was supposed to be open when we got there after reception and was not.not a bad hotel but would not stay there again if traveling to this area

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor! I am sorry your experience was disappointing. Did you know our beds are adjustable? There are dials you can use to change the settings from firm to soft! Our breakfast is a great value as well: for $11.95, it is all you can eat with made to order omelets, pancakes, French Toast, or anything else you could possibly want. A diner is sure to charge you $9 for an omelet, $2 for coffee, $2.50 for juice, $4 for fruit etc etc. We provide quite the value for what we offer.
As far as the bar, I am not sure what time you were looking at for hours, but the hours are clearly posted and we are happy to accommodate requests to stay open for a fee. We do pride ourselves on flexibility to accommodate guests, I am sorry if something was misunderstood as to your needs.

I hope you will reconsider using us again!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel is conveniently located right off the interstate and has several food choices in walking distance. The rooms didn't have curtains that covered the entire window so if you would like to sleep in or work nights this may not be the place for you. The pool, lobby, and bar area are all pretty nice and the staff was pleasant. They do charge $11 for a very overrated breakfast and their dinner was not very good as well. I ordered a burger and it came out very well done so they made another one. The second one was cooked correctly but just wasn't very good. I don't expect much from hotel food but thought they could do a little better job given how expensive the food and rooms were given the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor! I am sorry your experience at dinner wasn’t as good as it should have been. This is the first time I am hearing about this. We live by our BRAND Promise and I assure you that had you brought this to someone’s attention, it would have been resolved. I would like to know more about your experience if you would not mind sharing. I can be contacted at 203-447-1000 or via email at john.fields@hilton.com. Not only are your comments and feedback important to me, your satisfaction is as well! I do have to say though our pricing is quite competitive. Nine or ten dollars for a burger is much less expensive than LongHorn nearby ($11-15) and very competitive with Outback ($9-12). Our breakfast is a great value as well: for $11.95, it is all you can eat with made to order omelets, pancakes, French Toast, or anything else you could possibly want. A diner is sure to charge you $9 for an omelet, $2 for coffee, $2.50 for juice, $4 for fruit etc etc. We provide quite the value for what we offer. Next time you are here, I would like to offer you a complimentary breakfast, so that you can experience it yourself!

Do give us another try, I hope to see you soon!

John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Hilton Garden Inn Milford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Shelton? Share your experiences!