“The Place To Go In Shelton”

Ari Bella Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Ari Bella Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 134 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“The Place To Go In Shelton”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

When it's time to go out in Shelton, Ct, you'll find us at Ari Bella. My wife and I have been there numerous time and can honestly say we never had a disappointing experience. They always have more than one special for dinner as well as soups. Their menu is extensive as is the wine list. The app menu is constantly changing. Dinners are prepared "to order" by an Italian chef.
The staff is well versed in the preparation of the dinners as well as the wine list. If you want something prepared special, ask. They are very flexible about this. I wish tripadvisor had different categories for eateries. Why? Because the number 1 rated "restaurant" in Shelton
is a diner. Yes, it's good, but the rating system is skewed. My wife and I were at Ari Bella the other night and a female patron approached the chef/owner who was behind the bar in front of us. This patron told the owner that her dinner was excellent and the service was right there too.
She went on the say that she would never return because of the condition of the ladies room.
After the patron left, and my wife being curious, she went to check the ladies room. My wife found
the ladies room the be acceptable and had no idea what the patron was talking about. Go figure.
I for one, will not frequent a restaurant with dirty restrooms. I would not hesitate to recommend Ari Bella to anyone and would take my mother there. If I had one thing I could ding them for, it may be the prices of some of the dinners. We can't wait for the grand re-opening some time in April when the new addition will be in full swing.

• Visited January 2014

“A sweet Shelton suprise!!!!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I have lived on the same side of the road and only 1 mile away for over 7 years and not until tonight did I discover this Shelton Gem. The establishment is in back of brick building the actually hides the restaurant, but once you are in....you are in!!!! We were greeted instantly by a friendly host and attended to right away. The dinning room was clean, painted with great colors with a nice friendly, cozy and romantic atmosphere. Our waitress was prompt and polite. Our meals were outstanding the price was not to expensive. The Grilled Romaine Salad was by far the best salad my fiancée has ever had. The Spaghetti Christina blew me away! It was cooked just right, with a great white cream sauce with bits of ham, onions and tomatoes to compliment it. In a nutshell the place was great and I am sorry I waited to so long to eat here. Lets just say, we will be back!! Thank you Ari Bella. Oh and don't be turned off by the construction on the building as they are in the middle of expanding. The best is only getting better!!!

• Visited December 2013
Connecticut
“Superb restaurant. Wonderful fresh food and friendly service!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband and I have eaten here many times. We love this place. The food is always fresh and nicely prepared. Love the grilled romaine. The service has always been friendly and helpful. We are never rushed. In fact, we have had dinner here with friends on many occasions and we like to sit and visit and we never feel like we have to rush. The waiter is knowledgable about the wines and has always suggested a good and appropriate wine for our meal. Have recommended this restaurant to many and have not heard a negative comment.

• Visited December 2013
Shelton, Connecticut
“Ate here few times, always good food & service...”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I've eaten here with my wife a few times and also once with a business group of seven, and each time we received great service and the food was excellent. In fact the other members of the business group I was with were mostly not from the area and therefore unfamiliar with the place, but they all enjoyed it and wanted to make it a point to dine here again if they ever had the chance. We live very close by so it also makes it very convenient for us to stop by here for a nice dinner. Based on some of the other reviews here, I guess I've been very lucky to not have received bad service since I never have in any of my visits there. I have also noticed that when someone signs up for a Trip Advisor account and has only one review bashing a place and then months or years later they still have nothing but that one bad review on their profile, you have to consider the source a little, too. I'm sure they've been to many other places they can comment good or bad on but they decided to go through the trouble of joining here just to do a drive-by snipe on one place? Sorry, but that gets a "C'mon man" from me. I've never been disappointed in this place and would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank StingrayJG
Monroe, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“third time and last time”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

after three times we give up too bad because the food was really good on two occasions. First time there were 5 women at a table who had too much to drink and everyone in the restaurant was looking at them the were just Sooooo loud. I asked the waiter to say something to them after we nicely asked them to watch their language and he unfortunately did nothing. 2nd time just really poor service and on top of that the waiter wanted to clear my plate when i had about half still left and very much still trying to enjoy the meal.

• Visited October 2013