“Fantastic location”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Wallingford, Vermont
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and the staff are very friendly, location very convenient and rooms and exceptional. I have spent time at the bar ate at the restaurant and I have always been treated first class. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: Don.t stay too close to elevators.
1 Thank Donald E
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Return guests are always great to hear from and your review is very important to us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton. Thank you for so many compliments and for your business. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The Courtyard Marriott in Shelton makes me look forward to travel, even if it is for business. (stayed for multiple weeks during 2012 and 2013). I always recommend it to all my colleagues in the world. It has all the amenities to create a warm and conformable environment. I truly feel that it is "home away from home". The staff are welcoming, efficient and friendly. The car park has plenty of space. Despite many alternatives in the area, I have never hesitated re-booking at the Courtyard Marriott in Shelton. And I will add a special note to John (your friendly bar tender) and Heather (smiley and efficient at the front desk). Like I tell my team, it is the quality of the people that makes a good business

Gael, UK

Room Tip: I have experienced a stay on most floor. They are all quiet and comfy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gael P
It is great to read you have stayed with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton many tines and will do so again. Thank you for all your kind words regarding our staff and we will be sure to let them know. Your business is greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Been travel to the area for 13 years and stayed in all the local hotels. The Courtyard Marriott is the best in the area. Unlike most courtyards, they have a full service bar. They are very accommodating. They stock specific wines based on my request. Try and find that in another Courtyard. Nice people, good service, decent rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Your remarks concerning our hotel the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton is especially great because you have stayed in all hotels in our area. Thank you so much for such a great review and for your business. We look forward to your next visit.
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I visited the Courtyard Marriott this past weekend as a birthday gift from my children as a time to get away for myself. What a great experience! The rooms were cozy, the staff was friendly and cared to all of my needs, the lounge was welcoming due to the fireplace (what a nice touch), and the BBQ chicken flatbread I had for dinner was delicious! One thing that stood out from all other hotels that I've stayed at was how clean this hotel is! The housekeepers make sure they sanitize the remote controler for the TV and also cover the remote in plastic to let us know what a nice touch! If I would have to recommend any hotel in the area to my family or friends who plan to visit, the Courtyard will definitely be the one!

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the hall are very quiet and a lovely view from a high floor!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
We are happy you think we have a terrific hotel here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton. Thank you for all your kind words and your business. We hope to be able to host you again soon!
Lowville, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Business brings me to this area 3-4 times a year, when the day is through I know I will be met with a welcoming smile and staff members eager to offer any assistance. While the Restaurant may not be the in the Micheliin guide, the food is quite well prepared, and a large variety of entrees are available to meet any appetite!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
 Our team members are working harder than ever to deliver the exceptional service you have come to expect at your many stays here at the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton and appreciate your thoughtful comments! Thank you for your business and for such a great review. We look forward to your next visit to our area.
Ketchum, Idaho
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The staff is exceptional at this Hotel. I have been staying here on business for 2 1/2 years and they consistently give the best service with smiles and great attitudes. Every staff member makes me feel at home while being respectful of my privacy during business travel.

They just went through a major remodel and did everything possible to make it as smooth and comfortable for the guests.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for all your great comments concerning our staff. We will be sure to let them know they are doing a good job. Thank you for your business and for your great review of our hotel the Courtyard by Marriott Shelton. We hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

No buffer breakfast anymore. Even if you had to pay, I missed that. Also, there were no closets in the rooms; just wardrobes. That would have been all right but the hangers were on the bottom and space not long enough to hang a suit - ridiculous. Also, lobby was freezing and room took a long time to warm up.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Courtyard Shelton, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. Your business is important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
#2 of 6 in Shelton
Hilton Garden Inn Shelton
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Courtyard Shelton? Share your experiences!