“Good value for a comfortable hotel”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel is a good value for the area. My room was comfortable, clean, with adequate space and amenities. I liked the room layout as well. There are restaurants across the street and many more within a short driving distance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John F

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The hotel room was larger than I expected, the bedding was nice, the front desk staff was very accommodating. We arrived late, it took seconds for us to check in, and then they looked up our Hilton number.

Only issue is that I thought it was 10 miles from Yale, I'm not sure how far it is, but it is a good half hour drive, on very dark roads, some of them not Highway. I won't be staying there next time, but I'd love a nice hotel closer with similar rates.

We had breakfast plans both mornings, but the breakfast looked pretty good!

Room Tip: Our room had a lovely view of the hill behind the hotel (and the parking lot)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Andra, hope I spelled his name correctly, got us settled in. He was very helpful during our 2 night stay. When we walked into the hotel we was impressed and even more so when we saw our room, which consisted of 3 rooms, bedroom, living room and bathroom. Everything you can think of was there and if not all you had to do was ask. Microwave, fridge with freezer, swivel tv, comfy beds, nice couch, an outlets, amazingly more than I could have used and I use a lot. Only downside was the bright lighting and no way to dim them. Breakfast is ok, had worse, but it is included and there is something for everyone. Wifi worked perfectly, best I've had. GPS fooled us on our way in but each other time we returned we came a different way and it was fine. And the swimming pool with the 150' slide, wow! This hotel was 1 hr out of our way but well worth it. Wkends are cheaper, fyi. Many restaurants right across the street.

Room Tip: They are all the same.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed here for an overnight on route to Torrington for business.

A little difficult to locate via sat nav if not familiar with location but after this everything was superb from check in to leaving.

Special mention to check in gentlemen I believe was called Andras, apologies if not fully correct but very helpful with all questions and available to help at all times.

Clean and spotless rooms with excellent and large bathroom/shower facilties and very clean.

A very large gym which is a little unusual was also a nice suprise.

Short walk also to local dining options.

Definetely stay again if travelling in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Room is well appointed, clean, uses very nice materials (granite, tile, glass showers, plush carpet) and comfortable. They allow dogs with no strings attached! Employees are very friendly. Complementary breakfast is good and in line with similar hotels. Recommened improvements (minor items): Use real plates and silverware in breakfast room and provide real glassware in rooms - all that plastic and Styrofoam is wasteful. Overall, very easy to highly recommend this hotel. Value, materials, cleanliness and great customer service is all there!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We rate this hotel experience 10 out of 10 not because we are rushing through the survey but because the ENTIRE STAFF wowed us with the professional yet friendly helpful service. The hotel welcomed our five pound pup with smiles. It is challenging to meet the expectations of the public with all around satisfaction... but this hotel IS A DEFINITE 10... one of the best experiences we've had in all our 40 years of marriage! That says a lot.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

All staff were very friendly, polite and helpful from arrival to departure. The location was convenient for me, and I felt safe as a solo traveler. The room was very comfortable, large (like a suite), clean, nicely decorated, with an extremely comfortable and luxurious king-size bed. I was so satisfied on my first visit last year, that I returned again this year on my annual visit. I have recommended this Inn to my friends, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Hampton Inn Milford
Hampton Inn Milford
#5 of 13 in Milford

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton? Share your experiences!