“GREAT JOB!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Basking Ridge, NJ, United States
“GREAT JOB!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Very impressed with the service and facilities. I have no complains. The room was clean. Complementary breakfast was better than in other hotel. Check in and out was fast. Nice pool with a slide. Gym has is very well equiped.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed there for a wedding that I attended in the area. The accommodations were very clean and modern. The bathrooms were especially spacious and the beds were comfortable. What was most impressive was how friendly and helpful the staff were. They were very down to earth and went out of their way to make all of the wedding guests staying there feel comfortable and at home. I was very impressed that the breakfast was far beyond the typical Continental fare.
I recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
FL
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Upon our pm arrival, from the Lobby we saw a group of teenagers sitting at a breakfast table stacked high with pizza boxes. During our Nov. stay, the pool was so popular that the floor in the Lobby (loc.down a hallway and away from the enclosed pool area) was always wet with puddles. Kids constantly running around and two even collided with my husband as he was getting off the elevator. Breakfast attire -from toddlers to teenagers- was only pajamas and socks. And when we used the small closet-size Business Center, 6 young girls and 1 toddler came in to use the other computer. No parent or a person in authority was ever seen with these kids during our entire stay. Why? cause this hotel provides excellent babysitting services too! This is such a beautiful hotel, in a great location, with a professional trained staff. Unfortunately, guests w/kids dominate.The Staff tries to handle the occurances but they need Management to put in place guidelines for the safety and enjoyment of ALL the guests. Even with Trip Advisors helpful hints: "a room on the top floor" and "away from the elevators," we couldn't escape them. Kids on the loose were everywhere!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hicksville, New York
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This hotel is excellent. My wife had to take a 2 day course in the area, so we stayed there on a weekend with our son. I called 7AM the day of the checkin and the hotel took down my name and they reserved my room (without asking for a credit card). they even allowed me to come in early if I needed. I found that very helpful though I did not need to checkin early. The property is very clean and up to date. The rooms were spotless. The only negative is that they did not have baby soap when I asked for it. The 12PM checkout is very reasonable. I would go back if I ever was in the area again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was traveling through CT & MA on my way to NYC, and decided to stay somewhere about an hour outside the city and picked this Hampton based on reviews. I was extremely happy with the stay. The layout of my room was excellent, it was clean and updated, and the staff was friendly. The fitness area had a lot of options and the lobby was beautiful. I will definitely keep this hotel in mind next time I'm in the area. I wish all Hamptons kept up this standard!

• Stayed November 2013
New Egypt, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast had a good variety and the few hot items were hot. If staying in Watertown I would highly recommend the Hampton. Very convenient to highway, shopping and a variety of restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Our room was very nice, the front desk staff and and room maid were very nice and helpful. We were not pleased with the breakfast because we went at 9:30 and there was nothing left even though breakfast was until 10:00.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
HYATT house Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton? Share your experiences!