“Would strongly advise against staying here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Iron Horse Inn

The Iron Horse Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Simsbury B&B and Inns
Williston, Vermont
“Would strongly advise against staying here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed here in August while we were in the area for a baby shower. They were very friendly on the phone and okayed us bringing our dog for an extra $25.00, which is fairly reasonable. When we arrived at 6pm we used a bell at a desk to call the owners. They came and checked us in and again were very nice. Put our stuff in the room and then went back to the home where the party was taking place. The room was definitely outdated but that alone was not a concern. As other reviewers mentioned, there are cracked tiles in bathroom and the sink did not drain well. THe big problem was the bed and the dirty sheets. I pulled the bedspread down and there were thousands of short black dog hairs all over the sheets and they had obviously not been laundered. The blanket was also disgusting and it was something I would only use to throw in the back of a pickup for moving furniture. At this point it was after midnight so I went down stairs and did not want to wake the owners as they had a found baby. So I went into the laundry room and found another set of sheets and changed the bed. It was very unpleasant and just creeped me out. I would never stay there again or ever recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Keepthosefeetmovin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Southport, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

Although the staff was nice enough, this place was totally gross. The place smelled moldy, the rooms were clean enough, but so old and natty, the beds were awful, the internet service was barely up, the pool closed, the cable was like 7 channels. I left as soon as I could and will not return.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Django05

Travellers are raving about these Simsbury hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

What a horrible hole in the wall! Absolutely disgusting, dirty and nasty! I was in Simsbury to see a band, and it was the only place I found. I stupidly did not check Trip Advisor, or else I would have never stayed there. All the negative reviews are true! There were nasty stains on the carpets, dirt on the walls, the picture frame was cracked, and about 1/2 of the light bulbs weren't even there! We even noticed the outlet was cracked when we went to plug in our cell phones - gee that's safe!!! Please don't consider staying here!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ptchfork
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

Everytime I'm in the area I always stay at the Iron Horse Inn. The exceptional service at this establishment is unparalleled. Management was always willing to go out of their way to accomodate my needs. I can't say the same for other hotels.It's also in a a great location close to plenty of restaurants. The comforting atmosphere of the Iron Horse makes for a great stay. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank dps05001
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

I had a great time while staying at The Iron Horse Inn. The service was great, the staff was extremely helpful, and the room was clean. I called the front desk at 10 PM the night I was there because I needed something, and the manager was prompt in helping me. The prices are very reasonable and the stay was comfortable. The next time I am in town, I am definitely going back to the Iron Horse Inn!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank niraldesai17
Troy, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

First of all the "suite" had mold on curtains, rugs were damp and bulging, ceiling had water damage on almost every tile, couch had rip and if you lifted cushions you would see major water stains, bathroom had crack in floor of tub and we had to tie a cloth around the shower so it would spray on us. It was extremely damp and I felt it was flooded in one of the storms they had. Pool was not opened and was told it would not be for a while. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank unhappy48739
troy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

We recently stayed at the Iron horse inn because the photos on their website were beautiful, well once we got there we got the real truth this place is disgusting, we stayed in the apartment there was water damage on the ceilings, mold on the curtains, dont get me started about the tub and shower, we had to tie a wash cloth around the shower head just to hold it up. the room smelled of mold and must i would never recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tjo1026
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simsbury
The Simsbury Inn
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#3 of 7 in Farmington
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor

Been to The Iron Horse Inn? Share your experiences!