The Iron Horse Inn
US$148
US$133
US$171
US$164
All reviewsstay there againroom was cleanking bedmicrowavetvmirroraccommodationstoilet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I have been staying at the Iron Horse for several years when I come to Simsbury to visit family. The rooms are clean, although sometimes they are a little on the shabby side. The owners and staff are vey accommodating and go out of their way to make my stay pleasant.
If you are looking for a 5 star luxury hotel, this isn't the place. But if you want a reasonably priced, clean, friendly place to stay, I thoroughly recommend the Iron Horse.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This inn has definitely seen better days. It's pretty shabby but the room was clean and we were glad to find a place we could bring our dog. The other place in town is extremely fancy and expensive.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed one night after a wedding. The inn was dated but clean and reasonably priced. The Innkeeper was helpful and let us all check in late.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed here in August while we were in the area for a baby shower. They were very friendly on the phone and okayed us bringing our dog for an extra $25.00, which is fairly reasonable. When we arrived at 6pm we used a bell at a desk to call the owners. They came and checked us in and again were very nice. Put our stuff in the room and then went back to the home where the party was taking place. The room was definitely outdated but that alone was not a concern. As other reviewers mentioned, there are cracked tiles in bathroom and the sink did not drain well. THe big problem was the bed and the dirty sheets. I pulled the bedspread down and there were thousands of short black dog hairs all over the sheets and they had obviously not been laundered. The blanket was also disgusting and it was something I would only use to throw in the back of a pickup for moving furniture. At this point it was after midnight so I went down stairs and did not want to wake the owners as they had a found baby. So I went into the laundry room and found another set of sheets and changed the bed. It was very unpleasant and just creeped me out. I would never stay there again or ever recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Keepthosefeetmovin
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Although the staff was nice enough, this place was totally gross. The place smelled moldy, the rooms were clean enough, but so old and natty, the beds were awful, the internet service was barely up, the pool closed, the cable was like 7 channels. I left as soon as I could and will not return.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family