“Delightful”

Ranked #3 of 3 Simsbury B&B and Inns
Greenville, SC
“Delightful”
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I stayed there for 3 nights and had a comfortable stay. The staff was polite and the owner was attentive and helpful. I called the front desk a few times and each time I was immediately helped. I had requested more blankets and within 5 minutes, it was brought to me. The owner was very nice and suggested great restaurants to eat near by at. While checking in, the owner brought her new born baby along, but she did not let the baby come in the way of her checking me in. One could easily see that this is a family owned business but that did not hinder the professional and courteous service I received. The rooms were clean and comfortable as well.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank tictactoe20

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
mjolner
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Conveniently located for my needs, but obviously mismanaged. Repair work haphazardly done with mismatched materials and smelly hallways give this property a flophouse ambiance even though the rooms are reasonably clean. Front desk staff was unfriendly and brusque, (apparently we had interrupted her tv viewing or something). Returning after dinner, I had to call again because I lost money in both vending machines. First call was answered and hung up. Subsequent call was not answered. Next morning at check out, still no one there - a couple of keys laying on the counter. I declined to leave mine because anyone could have picked it up. I disposed of it on the road in a dumpster. The manager, (who was also {not} at the front desk - she told me she had a baby to take care of -that's why she did not answer - my problem?), called and emailed me demanding the return of the key and threatening to charge me for the cost of changing the locks. Unbelievable! As a hotel G.M. myself, I found this experience appalling.

Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank mjolner

Travellers are raving about these Simsbury hotels

phreynoldo
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I think it is very important for families who select this place to know, the pool is not open and there are no plans to open the pool anytime soon ( the owner told me this himself). The service is fine but there was no information provided that the pool is out of commission until we arrived. I think they should have provided a discount.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
MDean3, Manager at The Iron Horse Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2010
The pool was closed at that time because of a tornado which brought with it winds that ranged from 80 to 90 mph.
We had to keep the pool closed for the weekend due to the to the amount of debris which was left in the pool.
Cranbury, NJ
Reviewed 10 December 2008

The Iron Horse Inn is a beautiful place to stay with great accomodations and helpful/friendly staff. I visited for only 1 night for a family gathering but will definately go back when I am in the area again. I found the rooms to be spotless, comfortable, and a great size for large families. The town is also beautiful with many restaurants in the area. There is a great outdoor pool that I will check out in the summer and some good places to ski near by. Can't wait to stay there again- recommended for a quiet weekend away or a place to unite with friends or family.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, Clean rooms
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Rinz414
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2008

Visited Simsbury for family gathering. Found the room to need MANY updates. Mattresses were dirty (though the linens were clean), wall was scorched beside stove in unit (right beside the bed), plumbing fixtures are badly in need of update, and we were given only one wash cloth (not one each, mind you--just ONE wash cloth) each day we stayed there, and cannot call front desk from the room for any type of service. Not a pleasant stay. Won't return.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank theblueangel
Plainsboro
Reviewed 21 July 2007

Great Hotel for the price...
This is my 3rd time to this place and I really enjoyed staying here. Rooms are very clean, swimming pool was great and price is one of the lowest in this town. Will stay again...
Great for families. Good swimming pool and not too much smoke.
Service is AAA rated.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank peter111
New York
Reviewed 16 April 2007

I must say, I have heard a few negative remarks about the Iron Horse Inn, however, since the new management took over in Feb of 2007, my stay has been quite comfortable and relaxing...I travel to Simsbury often this hotel is convient and fairly priced. The mangament has really turned the place around and they are professional and extremely considerate and kind, they want imput and welcome any suggestions to make your stay even more comfortable then it already is, I recommend the Iron Horse Inn.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank ksksNewYork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simsbury
The Simsbury Inn
Farmington Inn
Farmington Inn
#3 of 7 in Farmington
Hartford/Windsor Marriott Airport

Been to The Iron Horse Inn? Share your experiences!