“Annoying service likely reduces ability to enjoy the food.”

Sakimura Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 52 Restaurants in Simsbury
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2016

I have been going to this restaurant on and off for nearly 2 decades ( used to be Murasaki). The location is nice right in the heart of Simsbury center and parking is usually good. This was my third visit this year where I left shaking my head. The sushi and sashimi is usually very fresh, but since it is getting so expensive for dinner and this was mid afternoon on a weekend, so no specials. ( And even with a groupon it is expensive because you have to use that with dinner prices). My friend opted for a noodle dish was flavorable ( the shitake mushrooms were very good) however the ingredients were not what was listed in the dishes description ( I think she just made the wrong dish). My fired oysters were a bit too crunchy, but I had to try them, because not everyone carries oysters. All the other accompaniments were average too. But the service just makes me shake my head-- we were given menus that were not the same, so when we were trying to figure out what to order, nothing was the same. The waitress did not understand much, if any English, to the point where a soda was a water, and she did not offer to refill the hot tea either. No spoons were brought with the soup. It was just annoying all around-- but similar happens all the time. There are much better Japanese restaurants within a 10-15 minute drive, worth the travel, so you don't waste your money. It still cost us $25 each to have not great food..

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Had lunch at around 1:15 past the weekday work rush. Few people were dining and service was at the same speed. Good thing I had no meetings immediately after

We each had our box lunches (chicken for my friend and I had salmon). Dumplings, California sushi, soup and the meat. Good flavor. This place didn't include tea in the price.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

We all enjoyed dinner. Usual variety of dishes were ordered. It was all good, but nothing sensational. Not sure if there is another Japanese restaurant in the area, but worth trying another one. Sorry, but that's the best I can say.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

We went for lunch/dinner on the weekend and it wasn't packed at all, which was nice.
Very fresh sushi and sashimi. The waitress was very nice too.
We will be back because they have ramen and I don't think anywhere else in town has it. Looking forward to it.
Oh, and it's not overly priced for what you get. Worth it!

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

On my way to visit my mother, I stopped off to get some rolls for take out lunch. I don't care for the nursing home cafe food. I ordered the caterpillar roll and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll bro ably stop back next time in town for a sit down meal.