“Best Restaurant Experience Ever”

Burtons Grill & Bar
Price range: US$18 - US$29
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in The Promenade Shops at Evergreen Walk along South Windsor’s Route 194 (at exit 62 off of I-84), Burtons Grill is just a stone’s throw from the Buckland Hills Mall. A perfect lunch or dinner spot for shoppers and locals, also great for power lunching or socializing after work, celebrating something special or enjoying fine wine with appetizers in our beautiful bar and lounge area. A seasonal outdoor patio is the ideal escape from the office, late afternoon cocktails or a relaxing dinner with friends. Reservations and walk-ins are welcome and take-out is always available.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I have been regular customers of the South Windsor, Ct location for a few years now. We travel about 50 miles each way just to go to this location, at least twice a month. There have to be compelling reasons for us to drive this far for a meal, on such a regular basis, and in fact there are. We have been in many great restaurants over the years, but this one stands out in more ways than one.

First, the food has been consistently excellent, but this alone won’t cut it for us. Other factors are just as important to us, namely the staff, cleanliness and management of the restaurant.
The staff has always been extremely nice to us, they make us feel welcome, and servers help each other, which means that any server walking by our table will pick-up empty plates right away. We give all the servers a lot of credit for their hard work, being on the front lines, they are critical for making what this restaurant is to us. I could name a few names, but I won’t because they are all great. This is the friendliest bunch of servers we have ever seen.

We can tell that it is a very well managed operation, credit to Mario and his team. One thing I would like to mention about Mario is that he makes a point every night to go around the tables, not only to greet customers, but also to make sure that everything is good. He has a way to make people feel good about being there. He doesn’t prejudge anyone, and you can see that he genuinely enjoys the interaction with the customers. This is a great quality.

One thing I always look at in a restaurant is the quality and cleanliness of the cutlery and I must say I was never disappointed. Even small details like this has an impact on us.

From the food to the servers and the management, in our eyes, this restaurant is a recipe for success.

Robert & Noreen H.
Ware, Ma

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stopping in while shopping with a friend for lunch. Great service, excellent food (some normally expected selections and some fresher, newer options).

Reasonable prices and very filling. Will eat here again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A somewhat upscale experience for this neck of the woods. Fine menu, almost always well prepared. Service is consistently excellent. Cocktails are the best. Lunch and dinner are both recommended. Outdoor seating is somewhat unique for the area.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Had a fantastic steak sandwich with just the right additions. I enjoyed it very much. It was a change from their very well done standard entrees. The service was excellent. Burton's offers a few good beers to go with your meal. I've eaten here a few times per year and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The food was not quite up to my expectations based on the prices and reviews I've seen here, but it was still very good, the servings large and the service above average. The craft beer selection was okay. The restaurant was a bit on the noisy side, but not terribly so.