“Very outstanding, fresh, spicy, friendly”
Review of Rasham Restaurant

Rasham Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 54 Restaurants in South Windsor
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Rasham Restaurant specializes in making authentic Pakistani cuisine. We prepare a wide variety of dishes that are famous for their original taste and consistency. Our family run restaurant has been in business for over a decade and we strive to improve our quality and customer experience everyday.
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have been a patron of Rasham for five years. I have consistently enjoyed the food and the family run style. Everything is made fresh. Nothing is frozen. The kebabs are delicious. The vegetable dishes are filling and tasty. The chicken entrees are always top notch. The rice pudding is magnificent. For lunch try a few samosas, a naan and a couple kebabs and you will be stuffed for less than $7. Yes, the food is not inexpensive but the time and quality deserves a fair price which it is and everyone is entitled to a fair wage. It takes time to prepare fresh food so don't go there in a rush or you will be frustrated. There is no alcohol due to religious beliefs so respect that value.

You do not eat there for the atmosphere which is spartan. If you cannot tolerate VERY spicy food the place is not for you. If you expect to be fawned over, don't go, but if you are friendly and honest you will find a family that is humble, reserved and always dedicated to quality.

I have eaten in some of the finest restaurants in Paris, Rome, London and in this country. I have been more disappointed in some of the "best" and thus I try to be objective in reviewing any eatery. The American palate has morphed towards uniformity and dullness and quantity not quality. Rasham is quality and family and to me it doesn't get any better than that.

1  Thank ecobeing
There are newer reviews for Rasham Restaurant

Reviewed 4 December 2012

This place mostly serves frozen foods including naan and samosa which we believe comes from the next door grocery store, never had such a bad naan in any restaurant. They did not serve any chutneys also to go with the samosas. However, their kebabs are real good and worth trying. If we go next time, it will be only for the kebabs, nothing else.

1  Thank Krish3107
Reviewed 25 October 2012

If you like Indian/Pakistani food, you're in for a treat. The food is simply awesome and the staff is friendly. Not the greatest of ambiences but who cares if the food is great!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We have taken out from here a couple of times, and have been happy. It is convenient for us, which is great (it isn't much to look at from the outside, but I wouldn't let that deter you). The service has been very good and the food is good. This is a Pakistani restaurant, but the food closely resembles Indian food. If you like Indian food, you should like this. We haven't dined in so I can't comment on that.
The value is ok. I think you get a reasonable but not generous portion for the price, and if you don't ask for rice, you won't get it when you order an entree.
If you are nearby and want takeout, I can recommend this.

Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

the owner waited on me .. you think this guy will have a clue or have any respect for his customers .. he brought a plastic water pitcher that was do nasty .. my dogs water bowl is cleaner .. then after waiting a good 45 minutes .. he brings the food .. portions were so small it was a joke .. you would expect yo Pay $15 for some meal that will fill you up .. bread was extra .. time want included just some. chicken in the curry sauce .. .. ended up complaining .. basically he shut me down .. he bragged about his happy food .. was very rude .. had no people skills .. i mean i wad a terrible experience .. this place is bad .. smelled like dead rats .. don't waste your money .. id rather eat Wendy over host crappy food

3  Thank hungryAndy