“Quite a nice place”
Review of Heritage Hotel

Heritage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southbury
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I had a steak at the pub and it was very nice. I could have done without the green beans and was looking for more potatoes. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. Truly nice to have someone custom makeomelets. The staff was very friendly and very accomodating. As a venue for a conference, the lecture rooms are better than most colleges!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding our conference center and breakfast buffet – the omelets are my favorite breakfast option. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I am writing to explain my dismay with my recent stay at your heritage hotel on 10/19/13. During the night my family was woken up by loud noise in the courtyard, so we called down to the front desk to let them know of the disturbance. Then again, about 45 minutes later, there was loud obnoxious behavior that woke me and my baby up. Now, I called downstairs and explained that something needs to be done or else my wife and I were leaving the hotel. Apparently security was sent down to alert the party that they were being too loud. So, I fell back asleep and again LOUD noise woke us all up!! At this time I walked downstairs and was very upset, wanting to know why security is not taking care of the situation. The concierge apologized and said we are trying our best to control the situation. The problem is that the situation was not being handled or controlled!! Due to the inconvenience and noise, my wife, 14 month old baby and I decided to pack up and leave your hotel to go back home to NY. We left your hotel in the middle of the night because things were not handled appropriately!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mattbph

We apologize for your recent experience at the Heritage Hotel. While we certainly do our best to minimize disruptions to all our guests, some behavior is out of our control. We will be in contact with you – certainly, we will not charge you for this stay. We also will be forwarding you a voucher for a future stay with us, so that we can show you the kind of hospitality we expect to offer to every guest.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

The hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful, and were outwardly friendly. The premises were well maintained both on the exterior and interior. The atmosphere was casual and comfortable. The amenities are suitable for a family. My only criticisim would be the condition of the beds. We were in a room with two double beds, and the one bed 'creaked" when even slightly moved. The other bed's mattress was concave, and not very comfortable. All in all a good choice for the casual traveler.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Heritage Hotel. We always strive to be friendly and welcoming to every guest, and I’m glad your experience was pleasant. We will investigate the situation with the beds; thank you for bringing it to our attention. I hope you will think of us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Very neat hotel, mix of newly renovated property and some original. They lounge has two pool tables free of charge. Food is OK nothing great but atmosphere is good enough that you don't care.
We had a package that included Dinner and breakfast. Def worth the price. They even have racket ball courts.

Room Tip: Ask to be put in a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us, and I hope you got a chance to use those racquetball courts and pool tables! Please think of us the next time you need a weekend getaway.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hotel : Stayed here for 3 nights. Great rooms & great service & great location. The breakfast buffet is not that good - its sub-standard which you expect from cheap motels. The breakfast from the menu (freshly cooked) is much better and recommended (pay the extra $3 as its worth it). Lunch & Dinner from the menu is fabulous - highly recommended is the Beef which is a SLAB of beef , so tender and so good (best meal I had in USA for 2 weeks). Across the road there is a "Friendlys diner" which is ok but remember their breakfasts are swimming in grease so I gave that a miss.

The pool is small but adequate. Squash courts are great as is the fitness centre. They also hire bikes for $5 an hour and thats a must do if your staying just to explore the local trails which range from easy relaxing ones to real challenges.

To Do : just a short drive away from the town of "New Haven" where the famous Yale University is (do the free tour by students which is less than an hour and shows you everything). Also close by is the West Haven (the beach) which is stunning, empty and the water is crystal clear. IF you go there, park for free at JIMMIES restaurant (which everyone in New Haven recommends) & have their Hot Dog basket (people travel for miles to get this) . Their parking is right on the beach so no extra expense.

Enjoy

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Wallington_Surrey

Thank you for taking the time to review the Heritage Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy all we, and the surrounding area, have to offer. Our fitness center is a great way to stay active; perhaps if you are in the area again, our seasonal outdoor pool will be open as well.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at the Heritage in for two nights to attend a women's retreat. Because I assisted in coordinating the event with the hotel, I was pleased with the professionalism of the meeting coordinators. Courtney not only assisted us in ensuring the setup was completed to ur specifications, she also offered us her expert advice and suggestions on wys to make our event a success.

The rooms were a nice size and the hotel surrounding was nice and calming. The buffets we had for breakfast and dinner were good. Upon arrival in Southbury, we ate at Maggie McFly's. The food was very good and plentiful.

I would highly recommend the Heritage Hotel for a conference or a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us and that your retreat was a success. Courtney is one of our fantastic meeting experts and I am pleased we were able to meet all your expectations. We hope to see you again soon for any other retreats you have planned!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Have stayed here several times in the past and have always been pleased. In the summer there is an outdoor pool and tanning deck placed in a lovely setting adjacent to the hotel. There is also an indoor pool, spa, racquetball courts, pool and ping pong tables. There is plenty to keep anyone happy. Nice rooms and even nicer staff. I would highly recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway or family weekend. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review. I am happy that your experience with us was pleasant and you enjoyed all the Heritage Hotel has to offer. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

All the best, Scott

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southbury
Wyndham Southbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
#1 of 8 in Waterbury
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
The Litchfield Inn, BW Premier Collection

Been to Heritage Hotel? Share your experiences!