“Valentines Day”
Review of Heritage Hotel

Heritage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southbury
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We googled this place that looked so beautiful, for a lil Valentines getaway. We were so very disappointed about the whole experience! The ceilings were leaking down the corridors, non of the ice machines were working. The soda machines were sold out and when I asked for change at the front desk I found the keeper to be very rood. There wasn't much hospitality at all, they mustve been short on staff as we had to tend to everything ourselves. It was not worth the money at all!!!!! The bar/lounge was ok and the bartender was quite pleasant, but that's about it. Dinner was ok, it just wasn't as expected for the price! We do not recommend and will not be back. Its quite sad it looks like it was once a nice place that has not been kept up!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shannon K
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

I apologize for your recent experience at the Heritage Hotel. Your concerns will be discussed with the rest of the team, as it is always our goal to provide exemplary service to each and every guest.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My son and daughter-in-law chose the Heritage Hotel for their wedding weekend from start to finish. The hotel hosted the rehearsal dinner, the wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and private Sunday morning brunch. Great rooms, delicious food, and plenty of fun activities, with something for everyone! The staff was outstanding, especially Chris, the wedding planner! Many guests spent the entire weekend, and we had a fabulous time with no worries all weekend! Thank you to the Heritage Hotel for a memorable weekend for all!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Congratulations to your son and daughter-in-law on their wedding! Thank you for your review of the hotel and your experience here. We’re glad you and your guests enjoyed such a great weekend, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My cousin & I needed some time to pamper ouirselves and just catch up. We chose the B&B at the Heritage. The hotel's charming, has a lot to offer and is in a great spot - we enjoyed Tres Jolie Spa services (massage & manicure), did some antiquing in Woodbury and visited the Abbey of Regina Laudis. All in all - great value for a one night getaway. We'll return and recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of the Heritage Hotel. I’m glad you and your cousin were able to enjoy all that the area has to offer! We hope you think of us the next time you need a fun getaway!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed 1 night at the Heritage. Check in was easy. We requested a quiet room and got it! 227 worked for us. Huge Flat screen TV. Bathroom was small and did not have a tub, which was fine with us.
It was hard to find the front door on arrival. The could use better signs in the winter when snow is piled high.

Room Tip: We did not ask for a room with a view. We wanted quiet and we got it. All rooms are renovated. 227 w...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words regarding the Heritage Hotel. I’m glad your stay was restful, even with all of the snow! We hope to see you again the next time you’re in Connecticut.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We have stayed at the Heritage Hotel regularly over the past 15 years, since it is conveniently located close to relatives in Southbury. Unfortunately, we have observed the Hotel's slow, steady decline over those years. The Heritage is really starting to show its age, and much of the Hotel is in need of renovation. Today you can just about count on your room being drab, dated and in need of some small (or not so small) repair. On our most recent visit the bathroom sink was draining directly onto the bathroom floor. We will continue to stay at the Heritage because of the convenience, but these folks really could and should pick up their game.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are currently reviewing our plans to update the property, and appreciate your ongoing business.

All the best,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I came home for Christmas and in between going over to the parents house I had a little time to kill so...why not see what the bar had for me. Well I was amazed at the beer selection, I could have stayed in the bar for quite some time and tried a bunch a great local beer that I have missed and can't get down in Texas. Great variety, great service, Cory the Bartender let me try some of the brews to see if I like it first.
I do wish I could have eaten the food, it looked excellent but my mother stuffed my face like any mother during the holidays would. So only an order of wings was I able to pick at which I have not a complaint in the world about.
Everyone was so friendly in the hotel even though they were working Christmas ohh and everything was lit up and festive looked great

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The staff at Shadrach’s always strives to be accommodating to all our guests, and I’m happy you got a chance to sample some beers while you were here. Please think of us the next time you’re up for a visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We spent New Year's Eve at the hotel - dinner, rang in the new year with champagne in their pub, and stayed over night. The meal I had was horrible - but costly. I ordered stuffed
chicken breast. It was dry, completely over seasoned - and HORRIBLE. The accompanying asparagus was shriveled up, dry and so tough it couldn't be chewed. It was also served with "garlic mashed potatoes" which didn't have a taste of garlic but were extremely bitter. The only good thing was the dessert - of course it may have tasted so good because I was starving. The room was clean, and quiet, and the bed very comfortable. However, there are no refrigerators or microwaves in the room which made it inconvenient. Most everyone I know likes to have snacks in the room. There was a buffet breakfast the next morning - NOT included, and for the most part it was good. However, the eggs were cold, and way over cooked. For the New Year's Eve price, breakfast should have been included. I would never do this again, nor would the people we joined there. The staff were very pleasant and nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnAvon_CT
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. While I am glad the staff was attentive, I am sorry for your experience at dinner. Your concerns will be passed on to the rest of the team.

All the best,

Scott

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southbury
Wyndham Southbury
#1 of 15 in Danbury
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Grace Mayflower Inn and Spa
Courtyard Waterbury Downtown

Been to Heritage Hotel? Share your experiences!