“A nice hotel, not too expensive or far”
Review of Heritage Hotel

Heritage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Southbury
New York City, New York
“A nice hotel, not too expensive or far”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We once again went to the Heritage Hotel for the weekend and found it a very pleasant place to get away for a few days. The rooms are comfortable, the beds excellent, and the hotel is a friendly place overall. The hotel's breakfast buffet is a good value at $12.95 per person, but lunch and dinner are just average overall. You are not far from town and there are several restaurants nearby so getting food is not a problem. We even saw deliveries of pizzas to the pool area. For a special treat, we suggest going to the Good News Cafe in Woodbury if you want an excellent, interesting restaurant with unique fare. Look into it. Be warmed, the prices are high - New York City prices, but we always go back because there is just no comparison. We are not foodies, but always impressed, especially if you lean towards being a vegetarian, though there definitely are meat options.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us and got to visit the surrounding towns as well. Please think of us the next time you need a getaway!

Scott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Candor, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My son and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights/5 days. It was very nice. They have 5 dog rooms in a separate part of the hotel with its own entrance which was awesome. Our room had a 40 inch flat panel TV and very comfortable beds. The only complaint I have about this hotel is that the room doors slammed too hard when people entered/left their rooms plus the housekeeping staff were very loud in the early morning knocking on doors and talking too loudly in the hall. The Outdoor pool was huge and very nice and the guys at the pool snack bar were awesome. Luis and Victor :) The food from the restaurant was delicious. The indoor pool and hot tub was beginning to show its age but still very nice. Raquet ball courts were great as well as the workout room. The complimentary lemonade they offered in the Lobby was the best and it was different every day. The front desk staff was extremely professional and friendly. The wifi was very strong and never had any problems staying connected or with the strength of the signal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words about the Heritage. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our dog-friendly rooms, and especially all we have to offer in our Health Club. I will pass on all your comments to the rest of the team. Thank you again!

Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I can't say enough good things. From the time I called and booked 15 rooms for our league till the time we left every staff member I dealt with was amazing and very accommodating. We were there July 26th and 27th. They had pleanty of things for the kids to do and the breakfast buffet was awesome. I would definately stay there again and I know my league would also.

Dianne C

1 Thank dianne c
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dianne, thank you for your kind review! I’m glad you and all the players had a great time at the Heritage and we look forward to next year’s tournament!

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed two nights in late July and enjoyed our time here. The amenities as far as exercise rooms, pools are well beyond what you find at a typical hotel. Our room was quiet, comfortable and clean. No problems getting and staying connected on Wifi.Should forewarn, arrived late at night and GPS led us astray, Simple to find unless your GPS isn't updated and leads you into the deepest darkest woods of Connecticut! Hotel has a musty smell to it but not in room itself, carpets should be replaced, but overall a very nice hotel at a fair price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. GPS can be tricky sometimes here in western Connecticut, but I’m glad you made it here safely. We are excited for our renovation plans we expect to roll out over the next year; hopefully we will see you again soon!

Scott.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I usually don't bother to post bad reviews but I can't avoid this one. Basically they robbed me of 800.00 by over booking my pre paid room and refusing to make good on it. This is going to tie me up in small claims court so its doubly painful.

As far as the hotel, its decor is old and falling apart, the room window I had wasn't sealed properly and leaked all night. No relief from the front desk. It was impossible to communicate with them. I mean it was difficult to express the simplest request and believe that the front desk people including the manager understood the request let alone could fix the problem.

Traveled all over the world and I would sleep in my car before staying at the Heritage hotel. I have to pull this hotel off my corporate acceptable housing list its so bad.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ronald L
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I am sorry for the miscommunications that lead to your stay not living up to our expectations of service and hospitality. It was a pleasure speaking with you directly. I am glad we were able to clear everything up to your satisfaction. Please don’t ever hesitate to reach out to me directly if you need further assistance. We look forward to having you back at the Heritage on your next visit.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We first booked this hotel through a Groupon deal last Fall and were so impressed with its friendly staff, the coziness (several fire places, sauna, indoor pool, etc.) and good food, that we went back two more times for 3-4 night stays last winter! We're looking forward to booking again this year once we've figured out the days. I've also highly recommended this place to several friends and family.

Room Tip: We stay on the 3rd floor and its been usually quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Scott R, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words! I’m glad your stay was so enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again very soon! All the best, Scott
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We checked into the Heritage Hotel at random on the last night of a road trip. This hotel was a great find after a long day of driving. The lobby was expansive and well-appointed. A long rustic hallway overlooked racquetball courts and two swimming pools, one indoor and one outdoor. Our room was on the first level and overlooked a small stream. The bedroom area was traditionally decorated and very spacious and clean. There are signs of age in the room, most specifically worn door knobs and the bathroom. The bathroom's shower fixtures were old and the wallpaper appeared to have some mildew or mold near the ceiling. At $107 for one night, the Heritage Hotel was a wonderful deal. It is located in a seemingly quiet, planned community and is convenient to interstate 84.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review of the Heritage Hotel. I’m glad you were able to take a break from the road and have a restful stay with us! We are excited to have renovations planned for the next year. We hope you’ll stop by again once they’re finished so you can see the improvements we’re planning!

Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southbury
Wyndham Southbury
#1 of 1 in Washington
Litchfield Inn
Litchfield Inn
#1 of 1 in Litchfield

Been to Heritage Hotel? Share your experiences!