“Fresh and tasty food.”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://www.yelp.com/biz/somewhere-in-bangkok-southington
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We wanted to try Somewhere in Bangkok for quite a while to investigate if what we had heard about it was true. Three of us went for lunch and I drove by it. It is easy to miss the location and even harder to get in and out of the parking lot. It was also difficult to find a place to park since it shares a parking lot with a car repair shop with used cars for sale, to add to the confusion.
Now for the restaurant and meal; I was impressed with the freshness of all the ingredients which added to the flavor of my menu selection of spicy eggplant with chicken. We ordered three different dishes flagged as spicy on the menu that did taste good and fresh, but were not hot enough for the three of us. Next time I will ask for more spice.
As a whole, the group decided that the positive buzz we have been hearing about Somewhere in Bangkok is true. The food was tasty and the meals did have a freshness about them. Service was quick and friendly, as the appetizers, and then meals, came out of the kitchen at a good pace. The cost is average per dish for this type of restaurant, but all of us said that we could have eaten a little more = the portions a slightly skimpy per the dish price.
Then on the way out we were blocked by a large tow truck picking up a vehicle, but I was able to slowly sneak by leaving some sidewall on the curb.

There are newer reviews for Somewhere In Bangkok

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love Thai, and this resturant does not disappoint. every thing i had here is good. i keep going back for more. i love spicy and they do it just right. cant wait to go back. love the decore too

2  Thank mntrwtt
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We moved to Southington a year ago and started checking out local restaurants as we are retired and love eating out. We never had much experience with Thai food before, but we're adventurous when it comes to trying new things, so we decided to try Somewhere in Bangkok. When we walked in, we were impressed with the simple clean Asian decor and the wonderful food aromas. We were seated on a comfy cushioned bench with lots of throw pillows to make it cozy. The menu was huge, so we had a hard time choosing what we wanted. I ended up having a Thai Ice Tea, a bowl of Tom Kha Kai (coconut soup) and Yellow Curry with chicken. Everything was super delicious, and the servings were so big we had enough for leftovers the next day. We usually go fairly early, so we've always had very good and friendly service. We have since been back many times now, on a regular basis, and we have never had anything that wasn't delicious! I can see how parking might be a problem when they are busy, but it hasn't been a problem for us. I have noticed that people do park next door in the automotive electronics store lot, as well as behind in the auto dealer location. We recommend this place to everyone and bring all of our friends and family there ... and they all agree, this is a fantastic place to eat!

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Mixed location restaurant in front sharing parking lot with auto place in back---very limited parking (work for it item #1). Inside is well decorated and interesting but very few tables and often busy (wait/ work for it item #2). Service was sloooow. My husband was so irritated that he had to ask for his drink twice. Our appetizers took quite a while and my husband had his main dish about 10 minutes before mine arrived (wait/work for it item #3). I asked what kind of wine they had and was told it was BYOB. Could have been a plus but I didn't know ahead of time. Waitress didn't offer another option so I drank the tap water (work for it item #4). Plates from appetizers and meals sat too long so we asked for them to be removed (work for it #5).

The positive: Good food and is the closest Thai food in our area! We are willing to wait/ work for it ;)

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have been here a dozen times, and the food is good but sometimes its a long wait. (they forgot our order) and with take out orders, they have forgotten to add key ingredients to the order ( drunken noodles with chicken had NO chicken) When I called to say there was no chicken in my meal, the response was "sorry, were busy" and that was it.