“Great food!”

Ranked #130 of 188 Restaurants in Southington
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian, American
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: JD’s is a family owned Pizzeria Bar and Grill that has proudly served the Southington community for over 35 years. We serve casual American and Italian favorites with a genuine friendliness and comfort that cannot be duplicated by corporate restaurants. All meals are homemade utilizing our old country recipes and are made to order. We take pride in serving food of the best quality, served in generous portions at a reasonable price.
Manasquan
“Great food!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very impressed with the menu, the variety and the pleasantness and attentiveness of the wait staff. I had the prime rib and it was to die for! Husband had the Italian combo as well as a pizza! Both items were out of this world!

Visited November 2013

Bristol conneccticut, USA
“My First visit of many.”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stopped in JD's on afternoon. I had driven by the place thousands of times, and never noticed. This visit, I met the owner and he put together the most amazing steak and gorgonzola sandwich I have ever had. The fries, onion rings, poppers and other appetizers are great but nothing compares to their wings. The hot wings are on the same level as J-Tim's.
Since then they have had our family gatherings, parties quick lunches and long dinners.
Today, I went with my wife for wings and a sub. They spent a good deal of time refurnishing the entire restaurant and bar.
Service is pretty good here, but the food is consistent and, again, the wings are amazing.

• Visited December 2012
Southington, Connecticut
“Meh”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

First, this place could use a serious remodeling. It looks like it is straight out of the early 70s. Even worse, for some reason, it smells like cigarette smoke even though smoking has been banned in restaurants for years. The pizza is pretty basic fare and there is much better to be had in town.

Visited April 2012
Middlebury, Connecticut
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

Come here a couple times a month and the food is always good and big portions. Service is attentive and kind, some days it's busy and sometimes you are one of only a few people there. Overall good.

Southington, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pizza I've had in Southington.”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

The food is good, the interior dated, and some days you're one of the few people there. Refills can be slow at times, but nothing horrible. The pizza keeps me coming back; it's consistently good (the Fire Place downtown has more varity and is also good). A large 2 topping with 2 beers runs around $35 with tip.

In all my years of going I've only had one bad experience when half the restaurant was closed for some card game and we were asked to sit on the bar side and the table next to us was filled with folks acting like drunken sailers.

They often have coupons in the local coupon magazine for a few bucks off or a free small pizza with some order.