“Motel 6”

Motel 6 Hartford - Southington
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Southington
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Please note we booked are room march 8 2014 on a credit card hold .we request a smoking room with 2 double beds.upon are check in to motel 6 on march 15 we were told they could not provide us with a smoking room.please note we even called during the week on Wednesday march 12. we were told it wasn't a problem by the front end staff.is that the way you treat your coustmers when they arrive tell them we can't honor their request. We ever called the 1800.number and spoke to chance who stated we have a new policy that rooms are no longer guaranteed. Please note: staff at Motel 6 were not very friendly and accommodating us I don't think I will ever go back to motel 6 again .we have stayed at motel 6 before and never had a problem.we had to find another hotel because of this problem

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank toddneuman
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Hartford - Southington

Reviewed 30 January 2014

It was very cozy,quiet,and comfortable.I plan on going back for sure.The front desk was polite at check in and out. Cool people! I would recommend motel6 to the people who wants to sleep good and rest plenty! Also the fact its around alot of restaurants is another plus!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Mrsclinical88
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed here several times when working on the road as they are pet and tractor trailer friendly. While the rates are decent, you get what you pay for - just a bed, some chairs, clean towels, etc. No extras included. This past trip was a nightmare. The front desk personnel acted like they couldn't be bothered as I was checking in - gee, sorry to interrupt your TV program! The room itself was decent but sparse. At 10 PM, a group of men checked into the room on the 2nd floor directly above us and the noise didn't stop! Sliding the chairs and bed across the wood-laminate floors, the partying, etc. A call to the office did not correct the problem so we were given another room. First of all, why should WE have had to move? Secondly, the next room had not be serviced so it was back to the front desk and go for a 3rd room. Once again, noise from the 2nd floor above us but not as bad. Sleepless night and very aggravated with this stay. Will not be coming back again.

Room Tip: The rooms are decent but the hotel staff is rude and not very friendly at all, they act like they ca...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I stay here now and then, what a dump... The staff is rude, gave me a occupied room gave me an upstairs room when I asked for a ground floor and everyone just hanging out. This chain needs to fire everyone from GM to housekeeping between the tattoos and trash talk you would think this place was in south central LA. Then again I don't want to insult south central. This place needs new ownership and a thourgh cleaning. It's sad, this place has hope but not with this management

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Ken R
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Staff friendly. Very convenient to restaurants/shopping. Stayed short term 3 months. Only frustration was they were having trouble with their keying system and was locked out several times. I would go back again if opportunity arises.

Room Tip: The rooms on the end are larger.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2013

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....People party all night, yelling, screaming, drinking,.....If you have a family...DONT GO... IN 4 NIGHTS, I DID NOT HAVE ONE NIGHT OF SOUND SLEEP.. GOOD LUCK.

I took my Mom to her brothers memorial service. (she s 80, I m 57). THE ROOM COST WAS CHEAP. NOT WORTH IT.

PS: Staff is not friendly...

Room Tip: Don't stay if you need a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jojow2556
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Had to find a place to stay during my time when I moved out of old house, and finding a apartment, 20 days to be exact. And at $43.85 per night, all taxes included, it was the cheapest place to stay. I will soon know why.

Arrival: I arrived on July 18th for my stay, and was assigned Room 326, which was a end room, which I liked. I had reserved a room with a refrigerator and microwave due to my extended stay, and had said items when I arrived into my room. The hotel is a series of 3 buildings, 2 stories each, 2 next to each other, and a 3rd smaller building that is placed at a angle. The building are close enough so that the interior rooms have a court like atmosphere. When I arrived, they had 2housekeeps not show up, so they had 30 dirty rooms that could not be assigned. The room I got was a smoking room, which is not what what I would have preferred, but the room was sprayed to mask most of the smoke order.

The Room: Tom Bodet says a Motel 6 offers clean comfortable rooms, and I really can't complain too much here. My room had 2 full sized beds, and were plenty comfy. Furniture was very basic, as in a desk with shelves. Bathroom was a toilet/bathtub room, and outside vanity. I found shower clean, decent water pressure, and plenty of hot water. The vanity sink had a very low pressure fixture. The bathroom area came with 3 bath towels, which I found to be on the small side. 2 small towels to place in front of bathtub and vanity sink, a washcloths. Soap was also provided. The rooms are hardwood with the exception of right in front of the door, which has carpet. The room had a wall mounted heat/ac unit that worked off a wall thermostat. The Hotel has just gone through a renovation where all the rooms were updated. Problem with this, is that every room was not done 100%. On the second day, I started hearing a dripping sound coming from my toilet room. I informed the front desk, who sent a maintenance man to check on the problem. Turns out that the people the did the renovations didn't caulk the bathroom in the room above me. The repair guy had to punch a hole in the ceiling to drain the water. The Hotel offered to move me, I declined, because I thought they would fixed the problem, or at least not rent upstairs room until fixed. Well the didn't happen, and 2 days later drip was big problem, so I moved to Room 310. That room smelt like a cigarette carton. Took me a couple of days to get most of smoke smell out. Room did work overall though.

Atmosphere: This is obviously a hotel that caters to people, like myself, who are between residences. Sometimes the courtyard felt like a project, kids running around, people partying in their rooms to all hours of the night, and a lot of people smoking weed in the rooms. To the hotels credit, they kicked out a lot of the worst offenders, and I applaud them for that.

In conclusion, if you need a cheap place to stay, this is the place, comfortable beds, and if you get a courtyard room, usually some type of show provided by the other long term hotel guests.

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room, you have to ask for a outside room that is not within the courtyard...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southington
Residence Inn Southington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville

Been to Motel 6 Hartford - Southington? Share your experiences!