“Some rooms noisier than others”

Residence Inn Southington
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Southington
South Pasadena, FL
“Some rooms noisier than others”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This hotel had great potential - nice staff, convenient location but the builders probably messed it up from getting a perfect rating out of me. Thin walls and if you choose to stay on interstate side even with double windows if you are a light sleeper you will hear lots of traffic noise.
Stay in an interior facing room for slightly quieter stay. Staff was great. It was nice to see other types of fruit (like whole pears) on the breakfast choice along with the parfaits. As another reviewer mentioned the pillows are super soft and lumpy, I slept alone and used 6 or 7 of them and they were the equivalent of 2 regular pillows. There is a Target across the road, so if you are staying a long time you have a place to backup shop (has food store & Starbucks too). Can get to ESPN and Bristol Hospital via backroads instead of interstate quickly if traffic is backed up up which is nice.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The staff here is great. I called to see if I could check in early, as we got a snow storm and i was trying to beat it out and get there early. She was glad to do so even at 10am. I wasnt getting there till 12ish, and she remembered who I was from calling earlier. Stephanie at the front desk was very professional and friendly. My room was very big, with the bedroom and bathroom being separate. It had all the silverware, pots, pans and etc I needed. TV is a flat screen and in HD. Couch was a pull out. Bed was SUPER comfy as were the pillows. Bathroom itself was a bit small, but the vanity area was large. Wifi worked well but made you relogin by the day. Breakfast was decent, not great. Its free, and way better then the budget hotels. Eggs, sausage, juices, muffins, bagels etc... I had dinner once (yes, theres free dinner Mon - Thurs). It isnt enough to fill you up, but it did the job. I never ate in the dining area as i dont want to listen to screaming kids. Sadly I never tried the pool or jacuzzi. I did notice that the walls dont meet the ceiling. Theres this small gap between. I also noticed that you hear everyone walking down the hall. Its very loud. Even when im walking in the hall, it sounds loud. I never heard any of my neighbors in their rooms though. My room was facing the highway. Yes, you can hear the highway noise. I actually like that. Its not loud, but you can hear it. Clean comfortable room and an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Naugatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We spent a night here after Christmas just to "get away" There were 5 of us in our party.2 adults and 3 teenagers....The looks of the place are great..but getting down to the details I think there are a few things worth noting.. the super comfy bed....had these tiny down(like) pillows.. The pullout couch was comfortable, for two people... so my son slept on the chair with the cushion from the couch across the coffee table.....the chair was in a permanent state of reclining... difficult to get comfortable in.. the wifi worked seamlessly, the baffles on on the window dimmed out the sound from the highway which was literally on the other side.The fireplace was beautiful as was the large tv...but with one tv the positioning was impossible to both see it from the bed and pullout... the kitchen was beautifully clean as was the fridge and full size to boot!. small table for 5 BUT there was a desk so that accommodated us... shower was hot and sink outside of the bathroom made for easier getting ready.The pool was a draw for us...a little chilly... the hot tub was nice but beware when the temp is being raised in it... hot water comes in through the jets ... its HOT ..almost scalding.. and Kids are free to do as they please... I know that's not the hotels fault but a camera in the pool area might be a good investment...cannon balls, running around the perimeter, jumping into the hot tub...little kids like 6-8 years old.. and I had one child jump ON me in the deep end....TWICE! awkwardness of having to ask strangers to watch their kids or have to go "tell on them" which we didnt do ..we just left... everything was clean though.. Breakfast...aside from the hot stuff (eggs sausage and potatoes)being almost inedible.the cereal, yogurts, fruit, english muffins, muffins, and make your own waffles were all enjoyed, The help was helpful but a little TOO on top of you... and we politely asked several times where to put our used dishes and she kept saying I'll take them...so the rest of us STILL had no idea what to do with them when we were finished,,,an appointed place would be good... The location was on and off the highway ...next door to DDs and down the street from Target and a few good restaurants...although OUTBACK one exit up was where we chose to eat.YUM!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Camden, Arkansas
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I love these hotels that are like apartments. Friendly staff and right off I84. Very clean and up to date. Included breakfast is great ... Including hot breakfast. Only downside are thin walls. I could hear the people in the adjacent room and you can hear conversations as you walk through the hallways.

Room Tip: High and low room numbers are further from the elevator and have convenient stairs nearby.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The front desk agent was courteous and informative. She addess all of our needs immediately and with a smile. We were the for the Halloweenevent at Lake Compunce on 10/28/12 she and was a great help with my kids costume malfunctions. The indoor pool was fine but the hot tub had too much chlorine. Breakfast was good you had continental and hot breakfast . rooms were clean already have plans to visit again

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank brenda r
Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 October 2012

In the past few months, we've stayed in many Connecticut hotels. So far, this Residence Inn (along with the much more expensive Marriott Mystic resort) was about the best of the lot. Everything was as it should be. The room was clean. The staff was polite. Breakfast was reasonable. Wifi speeds were acceptable. We had no issues with highway noise as some others have mentioned. Overall, a very good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
whgecomm, General Manager at Residence Inn Southington, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear Rick_S_NJ:
Thank you for writing a review on your recent experience at our hotel! I'm thrilled to read you were pleased with our accommodations, services, our Staff and that you are also a Marriott fan! I hope you will come back to visit us the next time you are in Connecticut; and please feel free to stop by and say hi!

Kristen Pikula
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

My family and I went to Lake Compounce for the weekend. This was by far the best hotel I've stayed at. The service was amazing, the room was so clean, and the breakfast the next morning was to die for. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling I give this place 5 stars!

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Hampton Inn Waterbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
#1 of 8 in Waterbury

Been to Residence Inn Southington? Share your experiences!