“Stayed for Work”

Residence Inn Southington
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Southington
“Stayed for Work”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Very clean and updated Residence Inn. Very nice 3 night stay. Dining area seemed nice and up to date. Had breakfast every morning. Skipped the dinners but they looked awesome. Not bad for free anyway. Convenient to 84 and 691. I was actually attending an event in Meriden and it was a very easy drive to and from.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
WHGGuestService, Manager at Residence Inn Southington, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for writing a review. I appreciate your feedback about your experience and, as you're a TripAdvisor Senior Contributor, I can tell you must travel often. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and thought dinner looked awesome.

Rosemary Vieira

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I enjoyed my visit there - well maintained property and super nice staff. They really anticipated all of my needs! They really seemed to know the property and care about the guests. Several of them have been working there for a while vs, some other hotels where the employees are not as familiar with the area or hotels.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelerQ6843CP
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed at the Southington Marriott Residence Inn the end of March. It is a very nice place and the staff were super. They provide a nice breakfast and the rooms are quite spacious. The bedroom is separate from the sitting area. We used the gym and they were right out there shoveling when it snowed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Killington, Vermont
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I attended a conference in the Southington area and did not want to drive to and from Hartford each day. Not knowing the area, I followed the suggestion of conference organizers and chose the Residence Inn, Southington. I was very impressed with this hotel. It did not have that high volume feel that these hotels usually have. I don't know if it's new, or newly renovated, but it was so nicely kept, it gave the impression of being new. Everything was spotless, well maintained, well appointed. It was also nice that you could open the windows (being on an upper floor, I slept with the windows open). On the way down to the hotel, I had to find an alternate route as there was an accident on 91...I called the hotel and the staff were very helpful. I'd recommend this hotel if you're staying in the area. One note is tight parking spaces...try to find an end spot.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor if it's a warmer weather month and you like to sleep with the windows open...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pickytravellers2
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed one night, April 25, 2014, wish I could have stayed longer. This hotel has some of the nicest staff I've encountered at a hotel. From the moment we checked in until the minute we left. The pool & hot tub were wonderful. The work out room is small but Great. Front desk staff are so very helpful with Everything you could need. The room was very clean & comfortable. I didn't have a pen in my room or I would have filled out the comment card (maybe one of my kids snagged it). Breakfast was very good, the 2 women working it were Fantastic. So very welcoming! Location, Excellent if you are 20 miles in either direction of something. Didn't have a traffic problem, even at rush hour. I strongly recommend this hotel because even if you did encounter a problem, the employees would fix it in a second.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Liverpool, NY
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Typical Residence with super friendly check in. Clean rooms with great location right off the highway. Free breakfast hot & plentiful. Dunkin Donuts next door if you want to pay. Indoor pool & hot tub thoroughly enjoyed by the teens traveling with us. Highly recommend Giovanni's pizza next door for all your Italian favorites for a fairly low price. Another happy RI stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Fulltime RVers
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two days. I liked the two-room layout and the kitchenette. I enjoyed making waffles in the morning; regular yesterday, chocolate today. The room was clean and everything worked well.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
Hampton Inn Waterbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
#1 of 8 in Waterbury
Courtyard Waterbury Downtown

Been to Residence Inn Southington? Share your experiences!