“Excellent stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Southington
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Southington for one night to visit family members. Our party was 6 people, including my husband and I, our three kids, and my father-in-law. We needed space but didn't want to spend a ton of money getting multiple rooms. We ended up with a 2 bedroom suite on the ground floor and it was perfect.
The room was very spacious, with a kitchen and living area in the center and then 2 bedrooms, each with a bath, off each side. One room had a king bed and the other had 2 queens. There was plenty of space and the two bathrooms were perfect for getting us all ready in the morning. The place was immaculate - not a speck of peeling wallpaper or dirty carpet - which was nice to find considering the low price.
We met family for breakfast so I can't comment on the spread at the hotel.
We had dinner from a local takeout place (menus at the front desk), swam in the pool, and then went to bed. It was a very relaxing stay and we would definitely stay there again. For families with a disabled person, the room we stayed in was handicap accessible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Southington, CT for our son's wedding. Weddings can be a high stress time, but the staff at the Homewood Suites was always courteous and attentive, the food was plentiful and delicious, and the rooms were very relaxing and well stocked. I would most definitely stay here for my next trip to Southington.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laureen G
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had a business trip in the area and decided to stay here. The place is nice. Seems pretty new. Location is ok. Right off of the interstate. There were a few shops around but restaurants were a few miles away.
Staff friendly. They had a buffet dinner that seemed to work well for several families.
Breakfast was the usual fare.
Overall it was pleasant. My only concern was the price. I travel alot and the rate seemed kind of high. Especially since there was not alot around that area. I asked for a AAA discount and was told that there were none left (?). Odd. They said they are only allowed to reserve so many rooms at the AAA discount and they were all taken. In all my years of traveling I have never heard that before.

1  Thank njpk
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The two things I look for in a room are a hot breakfast and a newspaper. The later preferably delivered to my room so that I don't have to dress to retrieve it. At this hotel, there is now sense in getting dressed to retrieve because they only get 10 papers a day and if you are not early your our out of luck. The breakfast was powdered eggs every day. No throwing in an occasional over cooked omelet or dried out breakfast burrito. There were other options like hard melons and sugary breakfast baked things. There was the famous Hilton oatmeal that was what I sustained myself on for three days.

1  Thank Dan E
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed for two nights to attend my daughter's college graduation. The hotel is close to I-84, but far enough to be quiet. The rooms were clean, roomy and having a kitchen was useful. We found a nice restaurant in downtown Southington about five minutes away. If you need a hotel in this area I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is a relatively new and clean hotel with courteous and responsive staff and comfortable accommodations. The amenities were nice, and the complimentary breakfasts quite good. We were very satisfied with all aspects of the hotel, and it was a good value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel is very clean, friendly personal. The room themselves are very spacious with all kitchen appliances functional and new. The beds are very confortable, lots of pellows. The airconditioner is some what noisy. Only negative point is that at the Hilton, althoug you may have a reservation, if you are not at Diamant level with the HHonors program, you may be bumped and lose your reservation. Not all stay grant you HHonor points

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Residence Inn Southington
Residence Inn Southington
#2 of 8 in Southington
Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington
Homewood Suites Hartford Farmington
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington? Share your experiences!