“Not recommended”
Review of BlackStone Pub

BlackStone Pub
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Southington
Reviewed 12 March 2016

My friends promised me good food and a "good night out." The Yankee pot roast was OK, but the ear-splitting music and the "oh, did I get that wrong?" service won 't tempt me back.

All reviews
"wings"
"lobster mac and cheese"
"irish nachos"
"job"
"bar"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 20 October 2015

I have had the classic burger with American cheese 5 times over the last month, and it was great. The fries were also excellent as were the fried pickles. I am not a big fan of chicken wings but for 50 cents a piece (current price) they were meaty and cooked just right. The bar itself is huge with an upstairs were you could have some privacy, or a party for many friends. About a dozen TV's are there for sports viewing including a massive one about 100 inches. I am not a big drinker but noticed a lot of beer choices which looked interesting.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

Went there on Friday February 27 with my girlfriend. The entrance was an ice skating rink. There was a patio surrounded by a waist height iron fence. Can see a patron slipping and impaling himself on the fence. Immediate impression is that owners do not care. Inside is dark and dingy. The music was way too loud. Wait staff consist of unattractive and unattentive tattoed women. Mentioned the ice hazard at the door. A patron mentioned the owners plow snow for a living in the winter. Guess they don not care about plowing in front of their own establishment. Had one drink and left. Will not come back.

Reviewed 3 October 2014

I stopped in for a drink at Blackstone Irish pub in Southington, Connecticut. It's located in a little shopping plaza area. It's a bit off the road, but there's a few signs that point it out.

The experience was fine- it's pretty much what you would expect from an Irish pub. The bar is to the right and there's a number of tables to the left. There's also a second floor for higher altitude partying.

The bartender was fine- she wasn't especially outgoing, but she did a decent job. I didn't really have any complaints. They have a pretty good selection of beer, which is one of the most important aspects of a pub like this.

The biggest issue is that it just felt a little too generic- there's probably not a lot of options in the immediate area, so I see the appeal if you're faced with a long drive. The experience was fine, but I probably wouldn't come back unless I was trying to kill time.

You can do far worse than this place, but don't get your expectations up.

1  Thank thegreatone3182